cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Engineers arsing about with my line again!!

longedge
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

Engineers arsing about with my line again!!

My account currently shows a 50p charge for phoning 123. I did not ring 123 and never have done!! Engineers on the other hand do this all the time and some people get charged for the calls.

It's the second time it's happened to me and I know from my research the last time that thousand of others get ripped off like this as well. I'm not worried about the few pence but it's a matter of principle as far as I'm concerned. I've only just come across it so I'm still considering what I'm going to do next.

4 REPLIES 4
longedge
Aspiring Pro

Re: Engineers arsing about with my line again!!

There's a discussion on the "Which" website where someone speaks of having some re-programming done to their lines to prevent any number starting with "1" being dialled with exceptions for 100, 1571 etc. of course. Is this possible?

longedge
Aspiring Pro

I've formally registered my complaint in regard to this charge ticket number 159985712 refers.

longedge
Aspiring Pro

Excellent response once again from PlusNet who are just as much the victims in this I suspect. The charge has been removed from my account. Funnily enough at the time there was a reported fault report open on my line which was cleared that day.

123 should be re-directed to an automatic line check for engineers to use and the speaking clock number should be changed to something a lot less easy to dial so that laziness didn't perpetuate the problem.

Alex
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

I see your point @longedge technically it is theft, even though a small amount.

But what if they do that to many people? How many people would check their bills, not notice that amount and just pay anyway?

I had a similar problem when I was getting reverse charge text messages sent to me. I never text anyone who isn't in my contact list. For that thread where people are questioning why PlusNet don't support shortcodes - trust me that is a bonus. PlusNet should include that in their advertising campaign Tongue

Vodafone were as useless as a chocolate teapot. "You must have text someone" - "No I didn't I said". This went on and on.

One company pulled this trick, and I sent them a strongly worded e-mail and got my money back.