Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Engineer hasn't shown up

FIXED
Rosie134
Hooked

Engineer hasn't shown up

I was supposed to be getting a phone line installed for today AM, which if I am right is from 8am to 1pm. It's now past 1pm, and I have been waiting all morning. I am not very happy as I have work later and work nights. I don't know how I'm going to work on such little sleep, and can't get up this early regularly. I'm wondering what can be done, and whether I should wait as long as I can (until half 3)?
3 REPLIES 3
Rosie134
Hooked

Re: Engineer hasn't shown up

I finally got through to plusnet and found out that the engineer said I wasn't in. As he didn't have a photo of my door they knew it was a complete lie. It's had to be rearranged for this Tuesday
pjmarsh
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 20

Fix

I once had an engineer no show (in the am time slot) for a line install.  Plusnet were able to see that he was still due to come, so I waited around.  The engineer eventually phoned about 2:30, apologising for being late and said he'd be with me in half an hour.  He'd had an issue on a previous job which delayed him.

So all is not lost yet.  Hopefully Plusnet can confirm that the engineer is still due, and they will be with you soon.

Edit: Our posts crossed.  Sorry to hear it's been delayed.  Maybe your engineer was in a similar position to mine, but was too lazy to make up the extra time, and so preferred to try and blame you.  It's not the first time I've heard of that reason.  Hopefully Tuesday will work better for you.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Sorry to hear the engineer didn't arrive.

Let us know how the visit goes on Tuesday?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet