Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Engineer charges

FIXED
Shep41
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 6

Engineer charges

Can plusnet staff confirm that I haven't been charged for the engineers visit as the fault on my line was confirmed as high resistance due to bad wiring and corrosion in the box on the pole.
5 REPLIES 5
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Re: Engineer charges

It can take a while for our suppliers to send the bill through with applicable engineer charges, however judging from the notes on the fault report I would say it seems pretty clear you shouldn't incur a charge on this.

I completed the ring ahead with the end customer and progressed to their premises and performed a line test. The test passed with some noise detected, with the fault located within the overhead network. There was a fault outside the end customer's curtilage and shown by general wear and tear and was fixed by re-terminating drop wire at DP/external block.

Edit: Typo corrected (Should changed to shouldn't)

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

@HarryB I hope you actually meant there should be no charge for this as a fault was found in the line external to the premises. I would be extremely annoyed if I was expected to pay for faults in BT's infrastructure.Wink

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Fix

@RealAleMadrid Edited and corrected a couple of minutes prior to your reply Wink

(Thanks @Strat Thumbs_Up)

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
Shep41
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 6

Thanks HarryB for confirming this. I shall keep on eye on my bill lol
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Judging from the engineer notes, I'll be highly surprised if the visit was at all chargeable.

For the record, if an appointment is chargeable, we'd advise by email & text in advance of the fee being applied to an invoice.

Anoush.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet