cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Electing to remove Phone Call plan is increasing my bill

Welshsteve
Grafter

Electing to remove Phone Call plan is increasing my bill

Hi. I am new to PlusNet this year.  I have found an old thread from 3 years ago discussing this question but don't know if this still applies.

When I signed up for PlusNet in January I got a broadband deal for £27.99 a month.  At the time I thought I'd need a call package as I planned to use the landline when I moved into my new home.  However, I am not using it, and would like to remove the monthly call weekend package from my account (this costs £5).  However, when I go through the change package section, and opt to keep my current broadband package, but remove the call plan, suddenly I am being told my monthly charge will be £40.98, not the £27.99 I was expecting.  It is showing that I will be charged £20.99 for an out of contract broadband price, and £19.99 for line rental.

This doesn't seem right to me as I haven't chosen to change my broadband package at all.

Has anyone else done this recently and found the same?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

Steve

1 REPLY 1
jgb
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 19

Re: Electing to remove Phone Call plan is increasing my bill

@Welshsteve 

There are several posts of a similar nature on these forums.

Plusnet staff can confirm but it seems that if you remove / change your call plan this will not affect any discounts you have under you broadband contract. The problem seems to be that the Plusnet app to change call plans on the website always quotes the full price of the specific broadband package and so it appears that the discount is lost.