cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Double Charged

jackwelland
Dabbler

Double Charged

i signed up for unlimited bb plus anytime phone at £9.99. landline paid in advance for twelve months. started on the 17th september.
this month i am paying plusnet £9.99 and BT  £15 which cannot be right as i am paying twice for the same service.
maybe i have confused both parties by migrating 2 months before BT contract finished.
i was told by bt that it would cost me £42 for leaving early and was expecting that figure to be presented this month.
what i don't want is to be charged by bt monthly and then charged the £42 on top that doesn't seem right.
i have tried asking the question on line without success and am reluctant to phone either party when surely plusnet should sort this out with BT.
line rental money in advance plusnet have got off me.
if plusnet could PM me and explain the situation i would be grateful.
jack
dick:red All caps title edited as per forum rule.

2 REPLIES 2
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Re: Double Charged

Plusnet won't be aware of (or able to find out) what contract arrangements you have in place with your previous provider BT Retail. BT Retail should have received notification that your service has ended; however if they haven't you need to contact BT to tell them.
If Plusnet are now providing the service it is correct that they should by charging you for it.
David
jackwelland
Dabbler

Re: Double Charged

firstly i apologize for "shouting" my intention was to avoid being missed.
i put my affairs in plusnets hands and expected that the phone would have been transferred from bt at the same time as the broadband.
i'll ring both bt and plusnet tomorrow.

jack