cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does plusnet cover repair costs for phone socket?

FIXED
awkk

Does plusnet cover repair costs for phone socket?

I've recently had an issue with my broadband connection which seems to have been resolved for the time being.

I was asked to unplug my telephone cables from the phone sockets on the wall to test what the problem was.

My telephone no longer works in my upstairs bedroom. I've unplugged and tested the phone that didn't work in the bedroom  (in the downstairs living room socket) and can confirm that the phone is not the issue.

I'm wondering whether plusnet will cover the costs to repair my phone socket in the bedroom or will I need to call a local electrician to repair it.

I've been asked to keep the master socket cover off for a few days and keep the micro-filter connected to the test socket. The master socket isn't the issue as far as I can see as it is a completely different socket to the one I am having issues with.

3 REPLIES 3
Baldrick1
Fixes: 418

Re: Does plusnet cover repair costs for phone socket?

Fix

If you are currently connected to the test socket then the action of removing the front off the master socket will automatically disconnect the extension. One of the reasons for using the test socket is to deliberately remove extension cabling. So don't panic. When you refit the front of the master socket your extension will come back to life.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

awkk

Ok, thanks for the heads up.

Alex
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

The fact it is working fine in the test socket would suggest it is not a line issue outside your property but internal wiring.

So you’d have to pay to get it fixed, I would plug the master faceplace back in and see if the problems return, if so then remove everything then gradually put them back to elimate the cause.

Then you can do a 17070 option 2 quiet
line test.

It could well be a dodgy extension after the master socket, whether it be another socket or a cable.