cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does it normally take over a month to move phone line from BT to PlusNet ?

neilyr
Hooked

Does it normally take over a month to move phone line from BT to PlusNet ?

As an existing ADSL customer, I took up a package with yourselves to give me Fibre and also this involved combining to have my Landline with Plusnet too.  This was on 7th April.  This was quoted to be a simultaneous Fibre and Phoneline order.

After a massively chaotic and contradicting series of communications re the Fibre, that has been provisioned, but I am still waiting for the landline to move over **retaining** my existing number - I trust my 18 month contract started on Fibre provision date ?

I've since been informed that Plusnet couldn't do simultaneous orders for this.  I spoke to someone in team who handle these orders - they confirmed that the 2 Plusnet systems showed my phone line order as both in progress and not in progress.  The best he could offer was to try to place another order and see if it said there was an "in progress" order taking place - which it did.  Bit concerned that nothing is happening after 4+ weeks. 

I've also learnt that if I comment the support ticket to query this, I am told to phone in as "that team don't take support tickets". Random !!!

Please can someone help please, or can others share if this is a typical customer experience with PlusNet ? 

4 REPLIES 4
Dumbledore
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 34

Re: Does it normally take over a month to move phone line from BT to PlusNet ?

Hello @neilyr I am deeply sorry to hear about the experience you have had with ourselves and for the lack of communication in regards to your orders.

I have responded to your query via a ticket. You can view this by Clicking Here

Should you require any further assistance, please feel free to get back in touch with us.

Many thanks.

Rottimum

Hi - sorry to report that I am having similar problems.  I transferred to Plusnet on the understanding that I could keep my existing number. It has been over a month now and every time I call they tell me it will be another 24 to 48 hours!  I have had 28 days worth of 24 to 48 hours.  It feels like Groundhog day!!

Given that BT owns Plusnet you would think that they could manage to complete what is fundamentally a very simple provisioning order.  I did not have a moments trouble with my old provider - they managed to port my number without any problems at all when I joined them but their pricing was high - well it would appear that you get what you pay for and I would highly recommend that NO ONE transfers to Plusnet. Their customer service is a disgrace and you have no opportunity to escalate complaints.  Every time you call them it says they are busy with calls and there is a queue - well i am not surprised.

@neilyr wrote:

As an existing ADSL customer, I took up a package with yourselves to give me Fibre and also this involved combining to have my Landline with Plusnet too.  This was on 7th April.  This was quoted to be a simultaneous Fibre and Phoneline order.

After a massively chaotic and contradicting series of communications re the Fibre, that has been provisioned, but I am still waiting for the landline to move over **retaining** my existing number - I trust my 18 month contract started on Fibre provision date ?

I've since been informed that Plusnet couldn't do simultaneous orders for this.  I spoke to someone in team who handle these orders - they confirmed that the 2 Plusnet systems showed my phone line order as both in progress and not in progress.  The best he could offer was to try to place another order and see if it said there was an "in progress" order taking place - which it did.  Bit concerned that nothing is happening after 4+ weeks. 

I've also learnt that if I comment the support ticket to query this, I am told to phone in as "that team don't take support tickets". Random !!!

Please can someone help please, or can others share if this is a typical customer experience with PlusNet ? 

abails0105
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 60

Hi @Rottimum, thanks for getting in touch.

I am really sorry to hear of the issues you have had with the porting of your number. I'm currently looking into the issues that have arisen and I'll update you shortly.

Regards

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alice Baillie
 Plusnet Help Team
neilyr
Hooked

Thanks @Dumbledore - really appreciate your assistance.

My reflection on my experience so far is that PlusNet need to invest in systems that support the requirements of the customer and the constraints of Openreach.  It must be stressful to work within teams where customers are contacting the organisation multiple times to chase things that should be automated and need no human intervention at all. 

Thanks again, and I hope my experience on 24th / 27th May helps restore my faith in PlusNet.