cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Call Protect actually work?

Bud
Grafter

Does Call Protect actually work?

Since enabling Call Protect on my line I have been receiving FAR MORE junk calls than I did without it active so does it actually work?  Junk calls are coming through to my normal 1571 voicemail box as well with dialing 1572 and selecting the option to listen to the junk mailbox going to a continuous beep.

Not impressed with it so far....

6 REPLIES 6
SilverArt
Dabbler

Re: Does Call Protect actually work?

Works OK for me. Since setting it up:

No more "International" calls. A few number of "marketing research" calls which I then immediately blocked and after a month I don't think I've had one for a week now.

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

@Bud

I'm not sure how it can alter the number of spam calls you receive, have you been able to add them to the spam list?

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Bud
Grafter

The day after activation the junk calls have doubled (which must be a coincidence), tried to add them to the spam list but because they have ended up leaving voicemails on 1571 you can't add the last caller as its not classed as answered.

I will have to have a play around with the settings and try blocking overseas calls once I can add the family numbers to the VIP list, but it doesn't tend to be international calls that are the junk ones.

SilverArt
Dabbler

I used 1572 Option 1 to put the last call into the block list.

Bud
Grafter

Like I said, if the call has gone onto the 1571 voicemail you can't use the 1572 option 1 to add it to the blocked list as its not deemed to have been answered.

Gel
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 29

You can add any phone no. manually via 1572 settings.
It won't accept some odd overseas numbers, such as one I had recently:
06113 000123