cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do plusnet answer the phone?

mercer1

Do plusnet answer the phone?

Hi,

I'm a new customer just signed up. My phone line was supposed to activate today but still hasn't at the time of writing this.

I had been given info that an open reach engineer had done the work needed to get me live so I decided to wait.

I called before 10 and I'm still on hold at 10:58pm after the fact that your order tracking team close earlier with no mention of this on the website.

I have been waiting for an hour and 18 minutes.

Is this the service I expect to get out of Plusnet?

You've not managed to activate a line on a date you had given me and then you don't answer the phone.

I'm debating if I should hang up or not? I have to be up at 5am for work and this is ridiculous. Have you just gone home and forgot about my call?

Will I even get any compensation for the time I've waisted and the failed provison of my line?

Very close to just cancelling as I can't see anything award winning about your customer service at all!
4 REPLIES 4
mercer1

Re: Do plusnet answer the phone?

Okay so it's 10 past 11 and I've been on hold for an hour and a half. I've had to finally put the phone down but I am not impressed at all. Sheer lack of support with no intention to answer the phone. Absolutely disgusted.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

This issue has already been raised by the superusers - calls queued BEFORE 10pm ought to be answered and not left in the queuing system unanswered.  The response provided is that they should be picked up ... apparently they are not picked all of the time.  What answer wait time were you advised of then you placed the call?

Superuser citation

This topic has been cited by one of the Superusers; the purpose of which is to provide a note for information which might help to focus continued discussion (but might not result in a staff response).

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 77

Not sure the OP realises the phone support shuts at 10pm!

mercer1

The call was initiated at 9:40pm and was waiting to be answered well before 10. I only stuck with it as I'd read on another post that they should answer any outstanding calls. However there's only so much of the Plusnet on hold music a guy can take before it becomes torture 😅

@Townman I was advised of a 45 minute wait which is not good in itself but when your still on hold for another 45 minutes after that either someone has forgotten or they're just waiting for people to hang up.

Didn't Plusnet open a new call centre to assist call wait times?

I can also confirm that when I got up this morning I didn't have an active line so Plusnet have missed the date that they'd set!