cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do free Calls Show In "Calls Made"?

bobboulby
Grafter

Do free Calls Show In "Calls Made"?

I got moved over to Home Phone on Thursday (15th). I've made a few off peak calls since then but nothing is showing up in the "calls made" tab in the Home Phone part of the portal. Do free (zero cost) call appear in this view or have I got a problem?
Thanks - Bob
35 REPLIES 35
bobboulby
Grafter

Re: Do free Calls Show In "Calls Made"?

Can anyone help with this?
I'm still showing no calls made when I know that we've made some calls. As it's the weekend and I don't think we've dialed any mobile or 08** type numbers they have probably all been free. Should I expect these to show up?
Thanks - Bob
bobboulby
Grafter

I've also raised a question (id 23405715) on this.
Bob
LiamM
Grafter

The answer is that, yes, they will show up and they will show as included in your tariff.  It can take a few days for the calls to show up, though, as PlusNet get the datafeed from BT.
bobboulby
Grafter

Thanks for your reply.
It says in the portal that the call list is updated every 4 hours and I took this to mean that the call list is never more than 4 hours out of date. I'm on my 4th day now and there are still no calls showing up. Is this just a set-up delay or is the call list always several days behind?
Thanks - Bob
bobboulby
Grafter

If anyone else is interested it looks like there is a fault. I've got the following replies to my question.
The calls should have started getting itemised by now, I will pass this to our support team for further clarification.
We have added you to the currently open problem 47947 which is being investigated as a priority by our team.

Bob
bill
Grafter

Looks like a fault. My calls page has not been updated since 09/11/2007.
bobboulby
Grafter

Hmm, should I be worried? How can we have confidence in accurate billing if there are problems like this?
Bob
Mand
Grafter

Hi there,
At the moment it's looking like we're not receiving BT data, however our developers are currently investigating to try and determine why this is.
Ordinarily you would see call data within a few hours, and there are not usually delays of longer than 48 hours.
pcoventry76
Grafter

I was going to add that the Boradband phone calls show up almost instantly - but update every 3 minutes - isn't this the sam system as the homephone? does the BB phone also get the feed from BT?
James
Grafter

Broadband Phone is a VoIP service provided via our Network.
Home Phone is a Wholesale Line Rental product via BT.
I'm no expert on the siituation but I would be extremely surprised if the call reporting was similar in any way, shape or form.
pcoventry76
Grafter

Fair enough, i was just wondering how it worked
Mand
Grafter

Quote from: Jameseh
Broadband Phone is a VoIP service provided via our Network.
Home Phone is a Wholesale Line Rental product via BT.
I'm no expert on the siituation but I would be extremely surprised if the call reporting was similar in any way, shape or form.

The two internal systems (as in the data you see) are pretty similar, but the way in which the two update (one from within our network, the other from BT exchange data) is very different.
Broadband Phone is easier from our perspective as the traffic is internal to us, as is the hardware.
bill
Grafter

Quote from: Mand
Hi there,
At the moment it's looking like we're not receiving BT data, however our developers are currently investigating to try and determine why this is.
Ordinarily you would see call data within a few hours, and there are not usually delays of longer than 48 hours.

Why did it take so long before it was realised that the itemised bills and calls made pages were not being updated? I have had no updates since 09 November.
Also, there was a promise at the time the 1000 minutes restriction on UK calls was lifted and the 'count-down' table removed, that the 300 minute overseas table would be re-instated.
Sometimes the updates are a day or so late but apart from that the Home Phone service for me has been trouble-free since the outset.
bobboulby
Grafter

The update on the priority 1 problem suggests that the problem was fixed yesterday
Comment updated on: 19/11/2007 @ 17:15
The cause of this problem has been identified and resolved, this is currently being monitored to ensure it works correctly.

however I still don't have any calls showing.
Bob