cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do TalkTalk prefixes work with Plusnet phone packages

j123
Grafter

Do TalkTalk prefixes work with Plusnet phone packages

I'm currently on a BT line with a legacy Plusnet Broadband (PAYG) package. We're thinking of moving both broadband and phone over to Plusnet in the next few weeks.
At the moment we use a number prefix to get discounted international calls, billed through TalkTalk (though, as I said, our landline is supplied and billed by BT).
Would this prefix still work after the phone switch to Plusnet?
I see that the Plusnet Anytime package includes 300 minutes on certain international calls. I presume this is 300 free minutes, then after that you revert to the international call charges listed here: http://www.plus.net/residential/tariffs/homephone.html
Would the TalkTalk prefix work after the Plusnet 300 minutes are used up?
Any help appreciated.
4 REPLIES 4
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Do TalkTalk prefixes work with Plusnet phone packages

Hi there,
CPS (carrier pre-select) services such as the one you describe will work fine on our service, though it sounds in this case like you'd need to check with TalkTalk to ensure the service is still active for you after you've moved over. If it is still active (or if it isn't directly provided by TalkTalk but appears on the bill of whoever your provider is anyway) you'll be fine to keep using it Smiley
j123
Grafter

Thanks Matt.
I'll check with TalkTalk after the switch.
Jim
pierre_pierre
Grafter

why not just try it and see if it works
j123
Grafter

We haven't switched our phone over to Plusnet yet and are still weighing up the pros and cons of making the move. This was one of the calculations.
But even if we couldn't use it, I think it would be a better deal for us to switch.
dick:quote