cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discrepancies and duplicate entries

kreynolds
Grafter

Discrepancies and duplicate entries

Just been looking at my home phone account.  On the credit limit it is stating -£0.24, on the calls made only one mobile call is showing since the last billing date at a cost of £0.10.
Looking through the calls made I am seeing duplicate entries for numbers dialled on the following dates
29/06/07 @ 08:25:14 - mobile calls, same number @£0.14 one of which billed on last billing date
16/07/07 @ 12:58:26
16/07/07 @ 12:58:53
13 REPLIES 13
paulby
Grafter

Re: Discrepancies and duplicate entries

Have you queried this with Customer Services?  What did they say?
dave
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 4

Hi,
Do these calls show as unconfirmed? On our side the mobile call at 29/06/2007 08:25:14 shows up twice, once confirmed and once unconfirmed. The unconfirmed call will show in the credit limit but won't get billed for as the other call has already been billed. If the others are unconfirmed then that will explain the difference. I'll have to check tomorrow to see what happens to unconfirmed calls that don't get confirmed.
Dave Tomlinson
Enterprise Architect - Network & OSS
Plusnet Technology
kreynolds
Grafter

On the dates where the duplicated entries have appeared on entry shows as confirmed, the other as unconfirmed
Mand
Grafter

Hi
We do sometimes receive duplicate records, but only one of these should be a confirmed record (and be charged as such).
Unconfirmed calls are not charged until they become confirmed. If an unconfirmed call does not become confirmed it remains in the 'calls made' section.

There's way too many uses of the words confirmed and unconfirmed in there but hopefully it makes sense!
If not speak up and I'll give you a call to discuss. Smiley
kreynolds
Grafter

Quote from: Mand
Hi
Unconfirmed calls are not charged until they become confirmed. If an unconfirmed call does not become confirmed it remains in the 'calls made' section.

Sort of makes sense, I think.....but why should a duplicate, unconfirmed call alter the balance of the credit limit if it has remained unconfirmed for more than a month? i.e this month there is £0.30 worth of mobile calls to be charged, however the balance is showing as £0.44 because it is including the duplicate entry for a mobile call made on 26/06/07, the entry for the chargeable, confirmed, call has already been billed and paid.
Would this not cause a potential problem if, say, I was almost up to the credit limit?
Having gone through the landline calls made since the last billing the totals for inclusive calls add up correctly
Mand
Grafter

The clearing of unconfirmed calls was never built into the system, however it will be made standard as part of the upcoming Home Phone improvements project.
On that note, if there are any other improvements you would like, we're still hammering out the spec so may be able to squeeze them in for you. Smiley
If you were regularly getting close to your credit limit we can purge unconfirmed calls, but this currently has to be done by the development team as it is a completely manual process at the moment.
kreynolds
Grafter

The clearing of unconfirmed calls was never built into the system, however it will be made standard as part of the upcoming Home Phone improvements project.

I'd would have thought that the facility to clear unconfirmed calls would have been built into the system from the outset.....still better late than never. Tongue
Suggestions?......
I know the ability to download the monthly itemised bills is being looked at, however will this also include name and address so that these can be used for address verification purposes for the likes of banks etc?
Also will you be introducing the ability to filter calls made by type and date eg mobile and calls since last billing, as at present you have to search through each and every call to locate one that has previously been made.
mhi
Grafter

It's definitely time this clearing of unconfirmed calls was automated. Mine now stand at £2.90 (that is, my credit limit is £2.90 worse than my current itemised bill plus recent unconfirmed calls). Most of the unconfirmed junk is so old that I can no longer page back through the recent calls list to find it.
It's not urgent, since I'm well under my credit limit even with this unwanted junk, but I am looking forward to seeing a cleaned-up call listing.
And downloadable spreadsheet-format call records, but I know that is on the list as well. (BT used to provide me with CSV data, which is compact and entirely adequate.)
Mand
Grafter

Quote from: kreynolds
I know the ability to download the monthly itemised bills is being looked at, however will this also include name and address so that these can be used for address verification purposes for the likes of banks etc?

Your invoice already has this, or are you talking about a combination of the current invoice and itemised calls together?
Also will you be introducing the ability to filter calls made by type and date eg mobile and calls since last billing, as at present you have to search through each and every call to locate one that has previously been made.

You can do this already in the itemised billing section, and can drill down into each billing month, and then filter the calls according to type.
kreynolds
Grafter

Your invoice already has this, or are you talking about a combination of the current invoice and itemised calls together?

Got it in one  Grin  I meant the combination of invoice and itemised calls.
mhi
Grafter

That was quite a while ago, and I've still got a few pounds of my credit limit tied up in unconfirmed calls which are now so old I can't find them in the listing. How is this upcoming Home Phone improvements project getting on?
I'll use the "download call records as CSV file" and "get recent bill as PDF ready for printing because I need to show someone a utility bill" features, too, when you get round to releasing them. They are on the list, aren't they?
mhi
Grafter

Quote from: mhi
That was quite a while ago, and I've still got a few pounds of my credit limit tied up in unconfirmed calls which are now so old I can't find them in the listing. How is this upcoming Home Phone improvements project getting on?

I am delighted to see my credit limit has just fixed itself. I expect this is the result of a bit of tidying which has been fitted in with the new call charge system announced today. Thank you, PlusNet!
Mand
Grafter

Yep, one of the changes as part of the recent project was to only adjust the credit balance as a result of a confirmed call being received.
This is a fundamental change in the way that we adjust the credit balance, but is entirely in your favour. Wink
The pdf/invoice changes, and various other items we want to deliver will be done as the next round of changes are made.