cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Did YOU ?, keep Virgin Media number when moving to Plus Net ?

timmytoad
Grafter

Did YOU ?, keep Virgin Media number when moving to Plus Net ?

Hi i am curious to know if any other old Virgin Media customer's had trouble moving there phone number to Plus Net ?
Tim
6 REPLIES 6
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Did YOU ?, keep Virgin Media number when moving to Plus Net ?

We can't unfortunately promise that your number can be kept but we can certainly try for you. See if anyone replies that's moved over from VM anyway as I'm sure they can tell you about their experience.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
timmytoad
Grafter

Yeah i wonder if anyone will reply with there personal findings. I suppose one slight advantage i will have, IF not keeping my old number, as i would be changing suppliers that each use an entirely different method of entering my house, i will have a whole month of being able to use BOTH numbers, the new and the old, and likewise i would have TWO separate routers through which to connect to the Internet !.
tim
The_10th
Grafter

Quote from: timmytoad
Hi i am curious to know if any other old Virgin Media customer's had trouble moving there phone number to Plus Net ?
Tim

Found this which may shed some light: http://forums.thinkbroadband.com/plusnet/3950610-virgin-to-plusnet-keeping-phone-number.html?fpart=a...
timmytoad
Grafter

OK buddy, thanks for that, it looks as if i am having trouble wiv summat else now !, BT can't find my old line, they don't know which cabinet it is in so they can connect it up again, thats what it sounds like to me.  I suppose "post it" notes fall off after a few years  LOL.
tim
dick:quote
Einstein1961

I did.....
I called VM, and DEMANDED they release the number..  I also reminded them, that the number wasn't theirs in the first place... it came from BT.
timmytoad
Grafter

Howdy Pal, i had completly forgotten about this post which i started a while ago, as things turned out, the chappie who couldn't find my phone line was a pratt, 10 days later another chap came from the same company who DID know what he was doing and did the job in under an hour, i didn't begrudge the cup of coffee i gave him at all LOL.
So i kept my old number and a few days later i got the internet at quite a respectable speed, now a little lower that the initial 17mbps !
But overall i am well pleased with PlusNet but very disillusioned with anything that BT and/or Openreach have done for me.
tim
adie:quote