cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Determining cost of a call

GlynArmstrong
Dabbler

Determining cost of a call

In order to find out the cost of a premium-rate call it is necessary to first find the charge band, then look up the relavant rate. Both these steps take time as the appropriate information is not easy to find. Would it be possible for Plusnet to have a simple lookup on the web site where a number is entered and the relevant rate displayed?
3 REPLIES 3
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Re: Determining cost of a call

As a start point try this - at least this will take you to a charge band / what BTw (or is it BTOR) charge.  http://consumers.ofcom.org.uk/phone/how-much-does-a-phone-call-really-cost/
Sorry, not as comprehensive as I first thought!  Embarrassed

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

AlexD
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Morning Glyn,
Good Question. At present it's quiet difficult to try and determine the cost of a premium rate number.
Please leave this with us and I'll find out to see if there is an easier way to obtain the information.
Thanks Smiley
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex D
 Plusnet Help Team
AlexD
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Hi Glyn,
Thanks for your patience.
I have spoken with our back end team who have given me some information regarding your querey. At present, we do not have a premium rate search feature on the website due to the fact it would be extremley difficult to maintain and update. Premium rate numbers determine there own pricing and can often change, not to mention new numbers being generated.
To determine the cost of the call, I would suggest possibly checking with the provider of the number (via the website maybe) or possibly putting the number in a search engine. Alternatively, you can find the number by finding the charge band and then then the relevant rate however I appreciate this can take some time.
I hope this helps.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex D
 Plusnet Help Team