Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Details to use for transfer of Plusnet landline number to VOIP provider

FIXED
c128

Details to use for transfer of Plusnet landline number to VOIP provider

Hi,

I'm transferring my landline number to a VOIP provider soon.

However - the new provider charges for this, and if the exact details are wrong I get charged again for re-application should it fail.

So, there are few things I'm not 100% clear on that they're asking for - they seem really obvious, but just want to check Smiley :

1) The current service provider's name and address

Now, I'm assuming this is Plusnet and not BT (being BT actually provides my Plusnet line)?  If it's Plusnet, what's the most appropriate address to use i.e. is there a specific "porting numbers department" address, or just a general Plusnet address?

2) Installation/Site address

This seems obvious too, but the VOIP provider's docs are at pains to check this is exactly as stored on the service provider's line registration system.  Am I fine to use my address as it's listed on my online Plusnet bill?

Thanks in advance.

3 REPLIES 3
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Re: Details to use for transfer of Plusnet landline number to VOIP provider

Fix
@c128 wrote:

1) The current service provider's name and address

Now, I'm assuming this is Plusnet and not BT (being BT actually provides my Plusnet line)?  If it's Plusnet, what's the most appropriate address to use i.e. is there a specific "porting numbers department" address, or just a general Plusnet address?

The line would be registered with us even though it's supplied by BT. If you need an address the only relevant address I can think of is: Plusnet Plc, The Balance, 2 Pinfold Street, Sheffield, S1 2GU

2) Installation/Site address

This seems obvious too, but the VOIP provider's docs are at pains to check this is exactly as stored on the service provider's line registration system.  Am I fine to use my address as it's listed on my online Plusnet bill?

The address shown on your bill matches the address on Openreach's systems perfectly.

Sorry to see you go though, is there anything we can do to keep you? If you do port your number away this will automatically cease your physical phone line and broadband, closing your account down with us.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
c128

Excellent - thanks for that @Gandalf .

I may return to Plusnet in the future, I've no complaints on the Plusnet service, but as my fixed price contract is shortly coming to an end, I thought I'd try something else out for a bit.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Cool. No problem, there's nothing wrong with change although make sure you return in the future! Smiley

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet