Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delayed activation

penfold
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 5

Delayed activation

I was meant to be moved to the anytime+ product yesterday, but received no e-mail telling me I had, I have raised a ticket, and been told that there has been a delay. I am a little annoyed I had to instigate this, an E-mail telling me what was going on should have been forthcoming. Can anyone from comms, give me an idea as to the delay, and how long it will take. I do hope this is not an indication of the kind of customer service I will be receiving from the home phone team, as  i will be disappointed.
ticket id 24060159
20 REPLIES 20
Mand
Grafter

Re: Delayed activation

Hi Penfold,
I can't login to check your account at the moment, but usually the activation report is processed around 11am.
If the move was successful you should have received the activation email today, around lunchtime. Can you confirm if this is the case?
If not I'll take a closer look at your account later on.
penfold
Aspiring Pro

hi mand
I got the e-mail at around 11ish today, and also the preliminary billing details. Sorry for rushing this!!.  Can you just explain a couple of matters for me. Regards the credit of £70, on my account, I was under the impression that all calls to 01,02, 03 numbers were FOC, at all times, on anytime+. If then the call costs are taken off the £70 credit, and I go over the £70, then the product is not meeting specifications. I realise I am probably wrong with this, but would welcome clarification. If I am, whats the £70 for. I have read the help pages, but still a bit confused. Also are 0500 numbers FOC?Huh
pierre_pierre
Grafter

The credit is for the 0845 and 0870 or mobile phone calls you use, these will be added to your bill at the end of the month
penfold
Aspiring Pro

sorry if this sounds a bit thick, but then why have it, if the charges are added to the bill?Huh
pierre_pierre
Grafter

its a bad description on plus nets part, it is the limit that is set for paid calls before they cut you off, you can up the limit via credit card if you think that 70 is not enough for rubbish phone call. for 
see http://www.saynoto0870.com/ for how to stop using 0845 and 0870 numbers and converting these to 01 and 02 numbers.
I dont know if it was me on another thread but having looked at BT I dont think there are 03 numbers?  I also think 0500, 0800, 0808 numbers are all free.
penfold
Aspiring Pro

thanks.
I use say no to 0870, as I dont agree at all with these chargeable numbers. They are on everything nowadays
itsme
Grafter

Quote from: pierre_pierre

I dont know if it was me on another thread but having looked at BT I dont think there are 03 numbers?  I also think 0500, 0800, 0808 numbers are all free.

Have another look  Cheesy 03 numbers are classed as geographical numbers and are to be used by more reputable companies to replace 0845/0870 numbers.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

My Local hospital and County Council are playing the 0845 trick, I live in a genuine local call area to both and they get a cut out of 0845 numbers on any normal phone, and we also have to pay Plus Net for the "Privilege"  so try and use that web site - its good and free.
03 - I thought that but could not find it in my phone book, so perhaps Plus Net will have to change their web site or advise us otherwise
paulby
Grafter

As pierre_pierre said, the £70 is a limit to the charegeable calls you make.  
However, just to clarify, it's not just 0870 and 0845, it's any charegeable call, i.e. calls to mobiles, calls which go over an hour without you redialling, calls to directory enquiries etc.
Having said that, I've rarely gone more than £1 into this limit - you'd have to be making loads of long calls to mobiles and 09xx numbers to get close to £70!!
paulby
Grafter

Quote from: pierre_pierre
03 - I thought that but could not find it in my phone book, so perhaps Plus Net will have to change their web site or advise us otherwise

See post from Mand about halfway down this page.  Also see this page on Ofcom's web site.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

its about time that PN changed their web site then
itsme
Grafter

and as you see Mand was answering a question from me. This was in October and I had raised this before but PN have not updated the price list issued in October to reflect 03 numbers.
itsme
Grafter

Can anyone point me to where I can find the cost of a Local and National calls? As far as I know there is only one rate for geographical numbers but even Ofcom refer to the cost of 03 numbers at national rate. 0845 numbers use to classed as local calls but believe now they are classed as Lo-call
pierre_pierre
Grafter

read  the above