Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delay in rectifying phone fault

ajax
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Delay in rectifying phone fault

Why does it take so long to rectify phone faults and why is the customer not kept abreast of action taken to sort out the problem? My landline has been out of action for almost a week (reported 21/2/15) yet the only response I've had is a deadline (25/2/15) for resolution which has passed without any resolution.
30 REPLIES 30
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Delay in rectifying phone fault

Hi there,
Sorry about the delay here, I'm just taking a look now.
I'm retesting the line due to the gap of a few days, I should have the results shortly and I'll update you via the ticket on your account asap.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Chris
Legend

Just as an addition here, I'm going to check back on this fault later today so I can keep an eye on it.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
ajax
Rising Star

Thank you, but I’m sure I’m not alone in wondering why it takes so long for such faults to be rectified. Is it a backlog of problems affecting the exchange, a shortage of resources there to deal with them, or the complexity of the problems? Or something else? The layman in me is surprised that it can’t be sorted out the day it’s reported but I’m doubtless being grossly naive.
PeterLoftus
Pro
Fixes: 5

@ajax if you want better response times you should consider a business line  Smiley
To do is to be - Neitzsche
To be is to do - Kant
do be do be do - Sinatra
ajax
Rising Star

It's finally been resolved. My wife received a call on our hitherto non-working phone today at 1300. A man who identified himself as ‘the engineer’ said that he had only this morning been notified of the fault, that it was a simple one, and that he had rectified it immediately. One is left wondering why seven days had to pass before this morning’s action was taken. The whole episode does not inspire confidence. I'm also wondering if I get a week’s line rental refunded?
englishrick
Grafter

Hi Chris, I reported this on my account on Friday but not heard anything back... My question id number is  100038318
Hope you can help/check my line thanks
Richard
mash
Dabbler

Same here, been waiting since Friday for a reply #100036467
englishrick
Grafter

Heres a recording of my Crackle problem from this afternoon.. https://www.dropbox.com/s/fle5p6i55vlippx/Phone%20Crackle.m4a?dl=0
Chris
Legend

@ajax
Good to know it's been fixed. Let me have a look at a goodwill gesture for the downtime.
@englishrick
I'll pick up your ticket shortly.
@mash
I see your ticket has been picked up and the fault reported through.
Chris
Legend

@englishrick
I'm a bit limited on when I can book based on the times provided in the ticket. I've booked what I think is the best available appointment for you, I'll confirm on the ticket.
englishrick
Grafter

Yes Chris that booking will be fine, we only work 5 mins from our house. Have you listened to the recording?
Chris
Legend

Not yet, I can't access dropbox from here at the moment. I'll take a listen later.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Quote from: englishrick
Heres a recording of my Crackle problem from this afternoon.. https://www.dropbox.com/s/fle5p6i55vlippx/Phone%20Crackle.m4a?dl=0

That isn't good! Do you get the same if you plug a corded phone direct in to the test socket inside the master socket without a filter (or router)? You need to eliminate it being a bad connection internally.
BTW: To check a line for noise dial 17070 and pick option 2 as that gives an open line with no messages - makes it easier to hear the noise.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
englishrick
Grafter

Done all that jelv had to go out and buy a corded phone special....
dick:quote