Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delay Provisioning

apjashley1
Grafter

Delay Provisioning

Hey! First post Smiley
I'd been looking for broadband for my new-build flat. I gave up waiting for TalkTalk to acknowledge my newly-invented postcode existed, so went for Plusnet last week - and I've got the earliest appointment for Openreach to fit a line... the 3rd September!  Sad   5+ weeks after my order.
I gather there's some work to be done on the street as nobody in the building can get a dial tone yet, but 5 weeks when signing up seems quite a big delay.
Does it normally take this long?? I'm having Internet withdrawal symtoms!  Cry
2 REPLIES 2
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Delay Provisioning

Not normally I'm afraid, but there are two factors that have increased the delay. The first is that it's the summer season and there's a lot more work than usual for provisioning engineers - student connections mostly, but also it's a fairly busy season for moving house etc. The other is the current MBORC (Matters Beyond Our Reasonable Control) that our suppliers have declared as per our update here:http://usertools.plus.net/status/archive/1343401050.htm
Basically faults and related work have dramatically increased as a result of the recent weather and as such this is being prioritised over provisioning at the moment. That coupled with the fact that this is one of the busiest times of year will have caused the delay.
We'll keep our eyes on it and do what we can but I'm afraid it's unlikely we'll be able to bring it forward.
apjashley1
Grafter

Re: Delay Provisioning

Is there any update - can I bring my date forward (even by a couple of days?)