Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Define 'New Customer'

gleneagles
Aspiring Legend
Fixes: 17

Define 'New Customer'

Some newspapers are carrying a Plusnet advert for a combined Internet and telephone package which states this is for new customers only.
But what is the position of someone who has PN as the internet provider and is considering extending the package to include the telephone ? They could be classed as a new customer in respect of that package but equally may not qualify if they already have PN as their internet provider ?
We are born into history and history is born into us.
6 REPLIES 6
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Define 'New Customer'

Your best bet would be to call the sales or COT lines, either team should be able to help there. Both can be reached via the regular number, 0800 432 0200.
gleneagles
Aspiring Legend

Thanks Matt,
However the answer may be relevant to others on the forum and whilst I accept the phone call is free the answer to the question is either yes they are classed as a new customer or no they are not.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

In that case, they're not - because they're existing customers. That's not to say that they can't get the deal though, hence the phone number and advice on the team to speak to about it Smiley
gleneagles
Aspiring Legend

That reply suggests that you might be able to get the deal, I Guess Plusnet would treat all it's customers the same so either everybody or nobody could get this deal.
Remember the advert "Good Honest Broadband from Plusnet" so I'm sure it's true to say "Good honest broadband and telephone deals from Plusnet"
So still remain puzzled why a clear answer cannot be made in this forum.
For whatever reason I am quite happy for the moderator to close this for further posts as I am clearly not going to get any further.
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi gleneagles,
Most of our offers are indeed to entice new business. If you are a customer already and want to add the phone, then the sales agent may indeed be able to offer you an incentive. There's no black or white here, the media offers are for new customers (don't use Plusnet for anything) but sales may indeed have some leeway when it comes to offering incentives for customers to add home phone to their broadband account. So, it's definitely worth giving them a call.
Jojo Smiley
gleneagles
Aspiring Legend

My contract with BT ends in November so I will certainly give Plusnet a call and will certainly switch providing the savings are sufficient to warrant it and the specific phone package that I require is available.
Thanks