Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dedicated number for L/line phone faults

glloyd
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Dedicated number for L/line phone faults

I note there is a dedicated phone number for mobile phones. Isn't about time there was a dedicated number for L/Line faults.

5 REPLIES 5
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Dedicated number for L/line phone faults

The number for this is the normal support one, but choosing the relevant options as you go through the menu.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
glloyd
Rising Star

There is no dedicated option for phone faults so you have to get on the queue with all other faults which can take an hour and same with the chat if it's working.

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Phone faults and broadband faults are dealt with initially by our tech support team and then on to our faults team if not resolved in the first instance by tech.

Creating another pathway would ultimately mean they still go through to the same department.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
glloyd
Rising Star

So if your phone goes down how do you report it? Go round knocking at doors and ask if you can use their phone for a hour or more. You make enough money out of line rental to have a dedicated number and agent. If it'd s good enough for your mobile service customers who do not pay high L/Lines charges it's should be good enough for the L/line phone users.

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

@glloyd wrote:

So if your phone goes down how do you report it?

The same way you would with a dedicated line for raising phone faults as it would still go through to the same set of advisors.

I appreciate the thought behind it, and I'm more than happy to pass your feedback on, however I don't believe creating another pathway directly over another number, as opposed to going through the IVR is the solution.

I agree call queues need to come down, but introducing another pathway in would unfortunately not fix this.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet