cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dead phone line question stuck in limbo?

bornach

Dead phone line question stuck in limbo?

Phone line has been dead since Tuesday, with no broadband either. I filed a fault report, however when I log in on the web from work I see the message:
"Our Support Team have replied to your question"
However when I click on "your question" to have look at their reply, instead I see:
26 May 2015 104770797 Awaiting support team answer
The question (i.e. the line fault report) just concludes with:
Fault location: OK
Diagnosis code: T071
Description: Line Test OK All Sockets Unplugged and Dial Tone OK
But I still have no dial tone at my end. I tried two phones, one corded. I plugged them directly into the master socket and test socket. I've also swapped out micro filters. I've even tried a second ADSL2+ router
I also tried calling my own phone number from a mobile. According to the sounds I'm hearing over the mobile it seems to be connecting to a phone somewhere else on the network. It rings several times before finally disconnecting. But my own land line phone at home makes no sound and there is still no dial tone. Someone seems to have re-routed my phone number to someone else's phone.
So what now? I seem to be stuck in limbo, according to the policy laid out here:
http://www.plus.net/support/service/policies/home_phone_faults.shtml
In summary, the member centre website says the Support Team have answered, but when I check the answer it says that the automated line test came out fine. So PlusNet would not have reason to pass the fault report on to BT.  My phone number connects to an empty phone at some unknown location in the cloud. I still have no broadband, no phone, and no escalation of the fault report to get a BT engineer to have a look at where my phone service has been rerouted to.
At least the usage stats don't seem to indicate that someone else is benefiting from the service I'm being billed for.
No one from the Support Team seems to have tried to call me on my mobile as yet. Should I try to call them instead to get the fault report escalated? Wait times are like an hour.
4 REPLIES 4
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Dead phone line question stuck in limbo?

Don't worry about calling, I'm testing the line now and will reply to the ticket shortly.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

I've just replied now, can you update the ticket at contactus.plus.net to confirm that you've done the tests on there, and the engineers visit and potential charge?
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
bornach

BT engineer failed to show up for the booked appointment (Weds 8am-1pm).
Now when I dial my phone number I get a busy signal, as if someone else is using my phone service from some unknown location on the network.
I'm wondering if BT mistakenly relocated my phone line and the BT engineer went to the wrong address, and now I'll be stuck paying for some unknown person making full usage of my phone service.
How do I check? How soon will any questionable call activity show up as itemized phone usage on the Members website?

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

Called numbers are usually listed in the members' portal within 24 hours.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.