cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dead line since Saturday

rewind

Dead line since Saturday

Early on Saturday afternoon my broadband went down. I then looked at my phone and the display read "Check phone line". Upon picking up the receiver, the line was completely dead. I raised a ticket on Saturday afternoon at 3pm and it is now 3pm on Monday and I still haven't heard back from anyone. Does it normally take this long to receive any kind of response when you have NO phone line and NO broadband?
Could someone please assist? My ticket number is: 93943635.
Thanks.
9 REPLIES 9
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Dead line since Saturday

Hi there rewind,
Sorry about the delay in getting back to you. I've ran a line test and it's come back inconclusive. Are you able to disconnect all equipment at your socket and let us know so that we can run another test please?
Thank you.
rewind

Thanks for replying.
I will be able to do this when I get home. Is it just the master socket I need to disconnect the equipment from or all sockets? To clarify, everything was working fine on Saturday afternoon and then it just stopped. When you ring my number, it goes straight through to the messaging service and when you lift the receiver there is just silence.
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

No problem, thanks for the information. I've escalated Ticket: 93943635 back to you with some further checks for you to carry out. Depending on when you get home and can comment back this will either get picked up later this evening (we're in til 8pm) or tomorrow.
rewind

I received your reply - thanks.
The only issue is, I don't own a corded phone and it appears that's the only way I can test this?
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

In this instance we would request that you try and either borrow one from a neighbor or a friend/family member to test. The reason we urge this is because it will help eliminate your equipment or internal wiring being the problem so that if this requires an engineer's visit you can be confident that you won't be charged for the visit. If you didn't do these tests and we sent an engineer out to you and the engineer found that it was actually your handset that was faulty you would incur an engineer's visit charge.
If you can't borrow one from a neighbor, family member or friend then you can find corded phones available at retail stores for £5-£10.
rewind

Actually, if this will require an engineer visit (which seems likely), there is no point continuing at this stage as I am away from Thursday for over 2 weeks.
Can the ticket be kept open or will I need to raise a new one when I return?
Thanks.
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi rewind,
Yes, it's very likely we'll need to arrange an engineer's visit. I've escalated the ticket back to our Faults team and placed it on hold until 24/11/2014. If you return before this date you can comment on the ticket so that it releases it back to our team. If you'd like it placing on hold for longer than this date please let me know and I can sort that out for you.
rewind

I have just tried ringing my home phone from work and it is now ringing which seems to imply the problem has rectified itself! Can you please check to see if anything has changed on my line within the last couple of hours?
AlexD
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Afternoon rewind.
I've just checked your account, I can't see that anything has changed.
Please let me know if the issue comes back though.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex D
 Plusnet Help Team