cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Day One with Plusnet- Moved from BT and so far, not so good!!!!! :-(

SteveCass
Hooked

Day One with Plusnet- Moved from BT and so far, not so good!!!!! :-(

My service started today and my Router wasn't sent out correctly set up. - I had to call in and had a 15 minute call queue wait - around mid-day. - Not good. However as I type at 19:45, the call queue is 45 minutes. - Completely unacceptable!!! Anyway, router issue was resolved, but I now find out that although shown as activated in my account, Caller Display is not working and is causing problems with incoming calls. - A quick search of this Forum, shows that Caller Display issues are not exactly rare as there are problems with the suppliers (BT?) and can sometimes take a while to sort out!!! 😞 - Of course, I wasn't told this 'common knowledge' when I signed up to Plusnet. Before posting, I thought I'd try 'OnLine Chat' - Number "87" in the queue.

So a 45 minute Call Queue wait and 87 people waiting for Online Chat. - I don't suppose for a minute that all of these people are phoning up and waiting to chat just to say what a great service they are receiving? - Obviously they are all having problems.

I hope that this is not an indication as to why I can save £20.00 a month compared with BT for exactly the same 'service?' and a sign of things to come.

I don't expect to be charged for Caller Line Display until it is working properly either!

Signed a very disgruntled customer on Day 1.

7 REPLIES 7
SteveCass
Hooked

Re: Day One with Plusnet- Moved from BT and so far, not so good!!!!! :-(

"We're a Sheffield-based broadband and phone provider, selling services to homes and businesses across the UK. We believe that paying less shouldn't mean a compromise in service."

Really?

Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 77

Caller display does not come with the standard phone service, but you can turn it on via the member centre, 99p a month,.

SteveCass
Hooked

Thanks for that. - I know, I ordered it with my package in advance and as I said, my account confirms that it is activated. - However, it's not working!

Gin
Hooked

Just to come clean with your ordeal. There apparently 2 switch that exist on everyone phone line. One being Plusnet and other BT (supplier). Most likely, it's not been turn on the BT side, so the only way you can get any progress is speaking with Plusnet Technical support team to get it switch on the BT side as a normal customer support team won't be able to do that.

SteveCass
Hooked

Thanks Gin, Only as a result of receiving incoming calls, I have found out that it is working today. - Plusnet haven't bothered to tell me though. - I get increasingly frustrated with the abysmal standards of Customer Service in this Country across all business types. - Unfortunately telecomms companies seem to be the worst. - I run my own business and if I treated my customers like this, I would neither expect or deserve to survive! 

Gin
Hooked

@SteveCass

Glad to hear your caller display is working now. I totally agree with the frustration, especially with something so simple that could resolved in a few minutes by the support team.

Here hoping for the day when BT and Openreach is split up.

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Hi @SteveCass sorry to hear caller display wasn't working when your line was activated. Looking at the order I can see we did request this and it did show active on the line from the time the order to provide your line completed.

Glad to hear it's working now.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet