Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Date of change

gleneagles
Aspiring Legend
Fixes: 17

Date of change

Is it possible to arrange for a specific date for changing my phone over to Plusnet.
At Present I have a 12 month contract with BT which expires during the first week of November.
If I change prior to that I think BT can charge me for breaking the contract but if I let the contract expire I will then transfer on to BT standard rate but would they charge me a months line rental even though I might only be with them for a single day with plus net charging me line rental for that same month ?
Not sure if this makes the problem easier or more difficult but I pay PN for the Broadband & my wife pays BT for the line rental & phone by direct debit, the future arrangement would be for me to pay PN for the combined cost of Broadband and phone.
We are born into history and history is born into us.
3 REPLIES 3
peter10
Grafter

Re: Date of change

I was in a similar position to you. My phone contract with BT had just ended and I transferred my phone to Plusnet. The transfer took place on the 12th of September and my final BT bill shows a refund of line rental and calling plan for the period 13th September until 27th November which I had paid in advance. BT only charged for the time I was with them. The refund was in my bank account about 2 weeks after change over. Plusnet started charging for the phone on the 12th of September so only overlap was for the day of the transfer.
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

We /could/ do it but it would require a moderate degree of manual intervention. Shouldn't be necessary though because as Peter has mentioned, BT should refund you.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

gleneagles
Aspiring Legend
Fixes: 17

Thanks for that.
Will phone PN nearer the date and get get it set up.
We are born into history and history is born into us.