cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crossed line

philipmpercival
Hooked

Crossed line

I have a crossed line.  Number [removed].

I am receiving calls for a local pharmacy.

On line chat does not seem to be working and the phone number tells me I have a long wait.

How Can I get action on this.

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat): Personal information removed from a public forum to a private staff area.

7 REPLIES 7
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

Re: Crossed line

Hi Phil,

There are a number of self help things you can do to profile the issue, ready for when you do get contact with PlusNet.

1. Dial 17070 and confirm that the service identifier is YOUR phone number
  2. Ring YOUR number from a mobile phone and confirm that your phone rings

The above are important to determine if you have a "crossed line" that is your line is "touching" another line or if you have a "crossed over" line, that is your and the other phone line are misrouted - either by an incorrect cabling joint or by an exchange fault.

A few years ago my line and the pub in the next village's line got swapped over after a major cable replacement.  The problem with such situations is that line fault testing (the essential requirement for getting an engineer out on the ground) does not detect a fault ... the line works fine but to somewhere else.  A "crossed line" should show up on fault testing.

Armed with knowledge of exactly what situation you face makes you prepared with the necessary information to push the support agent to take the right action.  It would be worth while you also visiting the pharmacy to discuss the issue - they being a business - a community critical business might be capable of invoking a quicker repair than can you, your service being "merely" residential.

As for chat not working, have you got an add / pop-up blocker?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Hi there,

Sorry to hear your line is crossed.

It looks like you've called our support team since making this post and we've booked an engineer appointment.

Let us know how that goes?

Anoush

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
philipmpercival
Hooked

Thank you.  When I finally got through to Plusnet they basically said they would have to call an engineer as there was no fault on the line.  Booked For Thursday.  In the mean time I have recorded a message which is played when the phone rings suggesting they try my number if they want the pharmacy or our mobiles.

The Pharmacy hope to have an engineer out tomorrow, so we will see how it goes.

philipmpercival
Hooked

Thank you for your reply.

Yes I did get through to support and they have an engineers visit planned.

I have since discovered that half the village was off on Sunday and it may be something to do with some cable work 2 villages away (A cluster of 5 or 6 Openreach vans was seen).  Hopefully the Engineer will be able to sort things when he arrives.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Fingers crossed the engineer that looks at the pharmacy's line tomorrow fixes your line too.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gel
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 29

CHAT wasn't working for you probably because you have a pop up blocker on your browser; try turning off, or an
alternative browser.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Check your bill/call records - you are likely to find all calls made by the pharmacy are being charged to your account. You'll need Plusnet to look at that once the fault is repaired.

jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)