cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crossed line - plusnet unable to fix

soundout

Crossed line - plusnet unable to fix

Posting this here as well as broadband forum because the problem is connected:
Hello all. I have had a problem for a long time now which I've been trying to get plusnet to fix. They keep saying they have fixed it but the fault is still there. Actually it's two interconnected faults - phone-related and broadband related. On the customer support phone, plusnet told me the problems were connected.
On the broadband side, first, I noticed my broadband was absolutely crawling. I called support and was told my profile had been downgraded. No explanation as to how or why. He reinstated my profile and my speed went up.
But then I kept getting dropped connections and speed drops - drastic drops. Lots of action by plusnet, but no solution yet. I've just been driven to making a formal complaint - let's see if I get any reply.
The concurrent phone problem is that I keep getting calls for a major mail order company who have a number completely different from my own. You can imagine how much of a nuisance that is! Once again action seems to have been taken, including an engineer visit, but the problem persists.
In despair I suggested a renumbering, but plusnet can only say that they feel this may help - no guarantees. Don't want to renumber, have to tell all my contacts and then it hasn't worked! I have joined the forum and posted here as part of my attempt to make plusnet take further action to solve my problems. If any one here has any tips I can use to make something happen, please let me know.
3 REPLIES 3
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Crossed line - plusnet unable to fix

Hi soundout,
Sorry to hear of the above. I've asked one of our phone faults agents to look into this for you, it certainly sounds like a crossed line and should be possible to be fixed without a renumber. We'll update you shortly.
soundout

Thanks Matt. My ticket is 69087149. Just trying every way possible to get some movement on this - the process has stalled. Looking for someone at plusnet willing to take on the issue in its entirety and not just answer bits of my queries.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi soundout,
I'm not happy either with how long this is taking to resolve and I'm sorry about the issue in the first place too.
Just to explain in a bit more detail there's a records issue which needs to be resolved before the issue can be fixed.
You may notice from our response to ticket 69087149 that this is now being looked at as an escalation and as such this should be chased up by our phone faults team on a daily basis.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team