Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit!!

penfold
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 5

Credit!!

Just signed up to the anytime+ product, and one of the E-Mails I have received says I have £70 credit available. Can anyone expand on this at all, or is it just down to my inclusive call time I will have?
12 REPLIES 12
paulby
Grafter

Re: Credit!!

The credit limit is there as a means of protection so that you don't run up huge bills unexpectedly (BT & TalkTalk also give you a credit limit for calls).  It's NOT a PAYG phone service - you will get billed for calls and your credit will revert back to £50 or £70 the next month.  If you do make more than £70 worth of calls in a month you can up your limit although you'd really have to be going some to make that many chargeable calls on the Anytime+ package!
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Rather than start a new thread -
I have just signed up for home phone anytime+ so can't check yet but can the credit limit be reduced as virtually the only chargeable use would be calls to mobiles and if that goes over £5 per month I will be having words.  Grin
paulby
Grafter

You can't reduce it in the portal - only increase it by using a credit card.  Don't know if it can be done by Mand "behind the scenes"!
Oldjim
Resting Legend

If anyone is interested I suggest voting for this item http://usergroup.plus.net/pugit/view.php?id=397
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Quote from: Oldjim
If anyone is interested I suggest voting

I am and I have Jim Smiley
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
pierre_pierre
Grafter

its alright if you are a user group forum member
Oldjim
Resting Legend

If you aren't it's simple enough to register
paulby
Grafter

I wouldn't like to see it set any lower by default but, if you want to set a lower limit, then the option should perhaps be made avaialble.
To put PN's limit in perspective, BT set a £150 limit for my account when I signed up, at which point they would phone you (never got anywhere near using £2 of it let alone £150).  When I was with TalkTalk, they set a £250 limit.
Oldjim
Resting Legend

The part I have a problem with is that the calling plan with the most included has the highest credit limit
What credit limits are in place?
The credit limits on Home Phone accounts are as follows:
Home Phone Evening & Weekends: £50
Home Phone Anytime: £50
Home Phone Anytime+: £70

Now if one was concerned about setting the limit too low and getting outgoing calls bocked this mechanism should stop it providing the costs were incurred over a reasonable period. However if something went wrong then a lower limit could easily stop the rot before it became too expensive.
What if I use up all my credit?
If you reach your credit limit, you will not be able to make outgoing phone calls, except emergency and operator calls.
If we have to stop your outgoing calls, you will be charged a fee of £5.76 to re-enable outgoing calls.
You can stop this happening by topping up your credit limit using a debit or credit card. We will email you to warn when your available credit limit reaches levels of £15, £10 and £5 to help you manage this.
Mand
Grafter

Hi there,
It's not currently possible to change your credit limit on an individual basis, this is set by the product you are signed up for.
You can effectively increase the credit limit by adding a top-up payment.
I can't sort it 'behind the scenes' either unfortunately.
FWIW the only queries we tend to get regarding the credit limit are requests to increase the limit, not to reduce it.
I'd suggest voting for the PUGIT issue if this is something that there is a demand for, so that we can get this on the project radar. Smiley
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Quote from: Mand
It's not currently possible
Wink
I have a £4500 credit limit on my Visa card. It may as well be £4.5 million for the difference it would make. (I hardly ever use it).
As has been said, the main reason I would have for imposing a call spend limit would be to control my daughter's mobile (particularly Three) and 08 chargeable calls.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
Not applicable

I believe this is something Liam asked about before, or perhaps slightly similar.
/goes to look