cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crackling on line

bullybeef73
Grafter

Crackling on line

Although I've only recently moved to Plusnet, I've been having some interference on my line for sometime now. My previous provider and BT had acknowledged there was severe damage to the wiring at our local green BT cabinet, which I was told was repaired, but the crackling remains. Although this has never affected our broadband speeds, which remain very satisfactory, and our upload speeds are now five time faster than before the switch!

Any further help or advice would be appreciated.
10 REPLIES 10
catelliott
Grafter

Re: Crackling on line

Hi there bullybeef73,
I've conducted some tests, and there may be a potential problem. I've opened ticket 105580375 on your account, which has some checks we need you to do. When you've done them, if there's no improvement, please reply to the ticket, and we can get a fault raised to our suppliers for you Smiley
bullybeef73
Grafter

Thank you. It seems to be an ongoing issue for many months. In January, I spoke to a BT engineer on the telephone directly from our local cabinet and he stated the wiring was shot, but he did say it was repaired. However, this hasn't resolved the issue. It is curious that our broadband speeds haven't been affected though. I will test the line using the instructions you sent first and report back.
catelliott
Grafter

Great stuff! Let us know how you get on Cheesy
bullybeef73
Grafter

Hi again, I was just about to check the phoneline and noticed we don't have a dial-tone. I've tried another phone and the problems remains. I've tried telephoning our home number using a mobile phone, and although there's a ringtone, the home phone doesn't ring.

I've just performed a speed test at http://www.supportal-test.co.uk/ and we're only getting 8mb after receiving our usual 37mb speeds since we switched and this morning when I performed a test then. I have entered our telephone number after both tests if you can see them.
Any further help would be appreciated.
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Our testing is actually finding a fault.
I'm just raising it now.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
bullybeef73
Grafter

Thank you for the swift reply.
bullybeef73
Grafter

Hello. Is there any update on the fault? What has occurred and when I should expect a resolution? Thank you in advance.

Just to add, my download speeds have improved upon the results late last night, but are still way below the speeds we received before with our previous provider and immediately after the switch to Plusnet.
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

The estimated fix time is by the end of play tomorrow although this is only a estimate and can change depending on what the issue is.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
bullybeef73
Grafter

Good news: BT appeared out of the blue. Checked our line and confirmed it was an issue with the cabinet. Took him a good few hours and it was two faults! Anywho, all fixed, speeds back to normal and no more crackling!

Thanks for the speedy resolution. 
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Glad to hear they got the issue resolved.
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team