cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Could memeber of Plunet staff look into this?

Minxymoo
Grafter

Could memeber of Plunet staff look into this?

I'm wondering if someone from support could look at my account and let me know if it would be possible to have my phone billing period in sync with broadband? 
At the moment my itemised bill for the phone runs from 22 of month to 21 of following month.  Broadband is from 10 of month.  Direct debit for both comes off around the 10 of month. 
It would make it easier to follow if they were both dated the same.  When we moved our phone to plus net we were advised this would update itself but so far it does not seem to have.
Thanks and hope this all makes sense.  Smiley
28 REPLIES 28
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Could memeber of Plunet staff look into this?

Hi Charley, I'm taking a look at this for you now. The billing periods should indeed synchronise themselves but this can take up to 3 months, I'll check to make sure this is happening in your case.
Minxymoo
Grafter

Thank you.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Right it's actually nearly done - your next billing date for both the phone and the broadband will be on the 10th October, and the talk contract date will sort itself on the 10th too.
Hope that helps,
Minxymoo
Grafter

Thanks.  The billing date has always been the 10th for both.  Its just been the phone billing that has a different date on the bill.  I'll keep my fingers crossed it all sorts itself out on the 10th.  I will let you know if its not.
Thanks again Smiley
Minxymoo
Grafter

Quote from: orbrey
Right it's actually nearly done - your next billing date for both the phone and the broadband will be on the 10th October, and the talk contract date will sort itself on the 10th too.
Hope that helps,

Hi just to let you know phone date has not sorted it self out  Sad  Could you have a look and see why?
Thanks
paulby
Grafter

Looks like you've got the same problem as me.  Jameseh's reply in my thread suggested that there wasn't much could be done Sad
pierre_pierre
Grafter

and me, Orbrey said it should correct on the next - 23rd Oct
Minxymoo
Grafter

Quote from: Charley
Hope that helps,

Hi just to let you know phone date has not sorted it self out  Sad  Could you have a look and see why?
Thanks

Ok its getting very confusing now as I have just paid for calls up to 10 October but they are still showing on my bill as if they have still to be paid? as the phone bill date has not sorted it self out.  I'm getting a bit worried I am going to end up paying for calls twice.
paulby
Grafter

You won't pay for calls twice.  Mine's been like this for a while now and I've always been charged correctly for calls - although it's a bit confusing as it's always for calls for part of the previous month's bill and part of the current month's.
Keep an eye on your credit limit as this is decremented every time a chargeable call is added to your bill.  You're charged on your billing date the amount your credit limit has been decremented in order to bring it back up to £75 on Anytime or £55 on E+W and, because the phone billing and the broadband billing are out of sync, this covers calls across two bills - confusing or what?
Minxymoo
Grafter

Yes, it is very, very confusing.  Sad
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Charley,
This is now raised as an internal problem (57622), I'm pushing this with the development team and will keep you posted for updates.
Minxymoo
Grafter

Thanks Orbey.
There does seem to be a lot of us with the same probelm.  Hopefully it will be something that can be fixed. Wink
Minxymoo
Grafter

Hi Charley,
This is now raised as an internal problem (57622), I'm pushing this with the development team and will keep you posted for updates.

I just wondering if there is any update on this problem and if there is a time scale on long how it might take to be resolved? Smiley
I'm finding my billing very confusing and especially after getting the e-mail advising that I have been under charged.  Not that I didn't believe PN but I wanted to check myself and it took ages trying to match up my invoices with my phone calls on itemised billing due to them being out of sync.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I'm afraid it's still with the development team, they're looking into it though. I'll see if I can get an update for you tomorrow when they're back in the office.