cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cost of new line

Not applicable

Cost of new line

Do Plusnet still charge for a new telephone connection?
The situation is that one of my referrals is moving into a property where the telephone has been disconnected as it has been empty for some months.  There used to be a charge for reconnection - is this still the case?
Also, will it cost for the broadband to be moved onto this line? Last time the broadband was moved was about 18 months ago.
10 REPLIES 10
Mand
Grafter

Re: Cost of new line

Hi Poppy,
A new line install will cost £49.99 if we can't start a stopped line.
The BB house move should be able to be deferred for 12 months if the last one was more than a year ago.
Not applicable

The telephone will have been stopped for the past 4 months or thereabouts so would there be any problems restarting it?
Obviously don't want to incur that cost and would have to use BT  if it would save money.
Steve
Seasoned Pro

I think If you done It through BT It would be dearer?
If life gives you lemons, make lemonade.
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi poppy,
If you can PM me the full address and postcode I can get someone to check if it's a stopped line or an installation.
Jojo Smiley
Not applicable

It is sometimes cheaper with BT. A member of my family who has PN broadband moved house last year.  The previous occupant took his telephone number so a new one was needed. BT did it free and PN was going to charge. Obviously they chose  BT.
Jojo - will PM you with details - thank you for the offer.
alanf
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Until until 30th September 2010 BT are offering connection for £29.99 with an 18-month contract.
http://www.productsandservices.bt.com/consumerProducts/dynamicmodules/pagecontentfooter/pageContentF...
Not applicable

The property has had a telephone so I am hoping that connection is going to be free. TBH she doesn't want a landline at all as she has a mobile clamped to her ear at every opportunity!  Grin
It's just for the PN broadband so will check out the offers for evenings and weekends. My current BT line is on offer rate so will see if I can get something similar if PN aren't able to help.
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi poppy,
You'll be glad to know it's a stopped line so we can start it for free.
Jojo Smiley
Not applicable

Excellent - thank you very much for that.
alanf
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Post removed. I meant to add to another thread.