Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cost of installing a brand new phone line

lhmcr01
Grafter

Cost of installing a brand new phone line

Hi,
I have a Plusnet home phone and broadband account and I am looking at purchasing a property that has no phone line whatsoever, (no socket or connection to the exchange)
How much would it cost for a brand new installation?
Do I have to go via Openreach?

Thanks
5 REPLIES 5
Daniel28012
Rising Star

Re: Cost of installing a brand new phone line

The price is heavy it will cost you your sanity when Plusnet cease billing your new account like it has done to some customers.
Satss
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 37

Hi @lhmcr01, thanks for getting in touch.

The cost for a new line installation cost is £49.99. However, if you are moving your services over to this new address there are two options available to you.

1) You can chose to remain on your existing contract and pay a house move fee - which will include the costs of the installation

2) Alternatively you can chose to re contract and the installation fees are waived by us as part of your new deal

If you require any further information or would like to start your home move I would advise that you contact our Home moves team directly on 0800 587 1952

Daniel28012
Rising Star

Maybe check if the cabinet has fibre services first as well buddy because there isn't exactly 100 percent coverage of the UK.
lhmcr01
Grafter

Thanks for that, just to confirm then, that covers the complete line installation, as there is no line from the exchange or phone socket in the property.
Satss
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 37

@lhmcr01 yes that covers the complete installation.