cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cost of going over the 1 hour 'free' call period?

Routefinder
Grafter

Cost of going over the 1 hour 'free' call period?

Hi all

We switched to a fibre & phone package a few months ago from the phone being with BT on a call plan service with the free 1 hour calls.

Now, not many of our calls exceed the 1 hour free period but when they do they can be a real sting Sad  What we cannot readily recall is what the difference (if any?) there was between BT Call Plan and the PN free hour service.

For example on our most recent bill one call lasted 1hr 56m and the cost was £8.40..................but is that the cost for the 56m or the whole 1hr 56m???

I am not saying there is a mistake or a problem, though SWMBO does not recall BT billing being so much for the odd overrunning call.

As for how to mitigate against such overlong calls, how do you remind yourself how the time is flying ? Smiley

TIA

5 REPLIES 5
jgb
Champion
Fixes: 22

Re: Cost of going over the 1 hour 'free' call period?

@Routefinder You get charged for the time in excess of 60 minutes. You do not get charged the set up fee. Your call would thus be £8.40 for 56 minutes which equates to 15p per minute which, if I recall, is the correct rate.

I think that this is the current link for Pluisnet call charges:

https://www.plus.net/help/legal/residential-phone-tariffs/

As for not going over 60 minutes, the display on my phone shows the duration it is just a case of glancing at it periodically. Otherwise you could use a kitchen timer or something like that.

Routefinder
Grafter

Thanks for the prompt reply and insights Smiley

I have also checked the current BT tariff for per min 'outside inclusive minutes' and that is 20p/min.  Though as we were, maybe, on an older "legacy" plan the per min cost might have been lower but I surmise if so surely not that much lower???

Marksfish
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 4

Set the timer on your mobile for 55 minutes. Mine bleeps when time's up.

Surly the minutes duration shows on your handset it does on mine you just need to check on it simples

Anonymous
Not applicable

Welcome to the Forum 

I recommend you change you username from your mobile number

You don't know who's reading posts on here

HD