Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cost of Caller Display after 5 June 2018

drj
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Cost of Caller Display after 5 June 2018

When I renewed my contract this month I assumed that I would not be paying for Caller Display after 5 June 2018.

https://www.plus.net/home-broadband/2018-pricing-changes-existing notes:

What changes are being made to call features?

Good news, Caller Display, a feature which manages nuisance calls for you, is becoming free of charge from 5th June 2018.

What does this mean if you currently have Caller Display?

If you currently pay for this call feature then you will continue to pay the 99p per month charge until the 5th June 2018, this will then be made free of charge and will be displayed as £0.00 on your next bill.

For those of you who have Caller Display as part of your bundled features you will be automatically moved onto a lower bundle so that you are not paying for a free of charge feature. For example if you are on a three for £4.50 per month bundle with Caller Display being one the features you will be moved to the two for £3.00 per month bundle.

However on the bill I've received today I'm being charged for it for the whole month:

Caller Display charge 29/05/2018 28/06/2018 £0.99

Please explain why that charge is not just approx 20p for the short period between 29/5/18/ and 5/5/18

( I would have raised this as a ticket but it's SO difficult to find out how to raise one - your system insists I Live Chat or phone. )

5 REPLIES 5
drj
Aspiring Pro

Re: Cost of Caller Display after 5 June 2018

If this isn't resolved here, please advise whether this charge WILL be automatically dropped next month or whether I have to apply to have Caller Display removed and then add it back in as a free service
Kdog
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 9

If I was to guess based on other billing things here I'd assume the billing system will bill for the month in advance until the change actually happens on 5th June then refund pro rata on the next bill. To my understanding the system works on a component basis, with each piece adding a standard charge to the bill. That's why refunds are done when something cancels instead of adjusting the bill before it's taken and call plans activate on billing dates regardless of when they're actually requested.

Of course I'm happy to be corrected here. Be interested to know for sure myself as while I've never bothered with CD the pain in the rear end calls are kicking in a bit now so might be worth putting it on myself.
drj
Aspiring Pro

Yes - I suppose that's logical. BT phone bills are often unfathomable in that respect.

Caller Display is wonderful! I've had it for years. Works perfectly with my BT8500 Call Guardian phones - no Spam calls have got through in about three years of having them.

Kdog
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 9

I can understand why people like it. For me personally almost all calls are on my mobile so I ignored the phone ringing anyway knowing anyone who wanted me wouldn't bother with the landline. Now I have to pay attention though with medical and kids school calls coming through so now Im actually having to listen to the PPI calls and be told about the car accidents I've had even though I don't drive. At least long enough to tell them to **** off!
daveplus
Pro
Fixes: 10

Going ex-directory helps reduce. I only get 1 or 2 a month now and those I get I talk nonsense to to deter them