cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cost if any of diverting call to Plus landline onwards to a Plus mobile?

FIXED
mag21
Dabbler

Cost if any of diverting call to Plus landline onwards to a Plus mobile?

Can anyone give a definitive answer on this?

Am planning to give out my Plusnet landline number, but it will be frequently set to 'Divert' to my Plusnet mobile.

As I read it (and even with my current Call Plan which is Line Only) the call should be 0p (i.e. no call setup charge and no call time charge).

I say this, from having read the following on the website:

"Call Divert [monthly cost is] £2.50, plus the cost of the onward call if chargeable"

"Divert your calls to your UK landline, mobile and most international destinations. If a diverted call is included in your call plan, it won’t cost you anything extra. If it's not part of your call plan, you'll be charged the standard rate for that call."

"Call plan details - Plusnet to Plusnet     Inclusive at all times"

I'm asking because some other threads here suggest that some users have been charged for Diverted calls.

Thanks

p.s. not a deal-breaker if I have to move from Line Only to Unlimited UK and Mobile calls - but I would still need confirmation that there was 0p charge for diverted calls to the Plusnet mobile (and ideally a non-Plusnet mobile)

5 REPLIES 5
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

Re: Cost if any of diverting call to Plus landline onwards to a Plus mobile?

"Call plan details - Plusnet to Plusnet     Inclusive at all times"

I'm pretty sure that means PlusNet Landline to PlusNet Landline calls! and it doesn't include calls to PlusNet mobile numbers

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

BD
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 86

Hi @mag21, I'm sorry you are yet to receive a definitive answer on this one.

As @MisterW suggested the Plusnet to Plusnet non charged calls would only be between a landline and landline and wouldn't also include Plusnet mobile calls.

I'd suggest then thinking over whether the amount of calls you'd be looking to divert to mobile and call charges with them would equate to more than the £8 charge for the Unlimited UK and Mobile calls. Keeping in mind a call plan change will only take place on your following invoice.

mag21
Dabbler

Thanks both for the prompt responses.

>>I'd suggest then thinking over whether the amount of calls you'd be looking to divert to mobile and call charges with them would equate to more than the £8 charge for the Unlimited UK and Mobile calls.<<

From what I can work out, the Unlimited UK and Mobile means "Unlimited UK landline and 2000 Mobile minutes" , which equates to £8/month for around 60 minutes of free calls to other mobiles per day.

That seems an ok solution to me - i.e. that, once the £8 per month is paid,  calls to my Plusnet landline could be diverted onto any mobile for £0 per month, provided they did not exceed 2000 minutes/month to the mobile.

Is that a correct interpretation?  Things are muddied a bit nowadays since firms introduced the phoney notion of having to have a 'call setup' fee as well as a "call charge". (Must have been the same guy who invented the 'Booking Fee' !!!)

Thanks

p.s. unless a deliberate tactic by the marketing department, I think that it might be worth asking them to clarify that 'Plusnet' = 'Plusnet landline' on the web page, if only to reduce posting volumes.

Dumbledore
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 34

Fix

Hello @mag21

I can confirm the interpretation you have written is correct.

I will pass on the feedback to the relevant team.

Thank you for raising this matter with us.

Should you require any further assistance, please do get back in touch with us.

Kind regards,

mag21
Dabbler

Hi Wakas,

Thanks for the very prompt answer - as ever, the Plusnet forums are one of the main reasons I recommend Plusnet to others. The forums at a lot of other ISPs have way too much waffle and too little fact.

As it happens, having looked at a name mentioned in another post (Tamar Telecom) it seems that in my particular case (needing a lot of calls diverted from a landline number to a mobile) they are probably the best option. They offer local landline numbers and unlimited diversion to mobiles at a cost which is just £2 dearer than the Plusnet 'unlimited/2000 mobile mins' option.

As I don't use the Plusnet landline for outgoing calls anyway (just for the BB line) that looks like a cheaper option.

Thanks again