Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Constant internet interruptions since switching to Plusnet Phone

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Constant internet interruptions since switching to Plusnet Phone

Hi there Robert and cheers for the update, I'm sorry it's taking longer than expected to get fixed but it's good that the source of the fault has been identified. We'll check in with you again once the line fault has been rectified and we'll rese the line in terms of speeds if needed at that stage. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Robert88
Grafter

Test post test post test
Robert88
Grafter

Just checking if the line has been reset to sort out the speed issues?

Bit all over the place at the moment, from dial up speed to 10Mbps, never constant

Router Stats
5. DSL uptime: 0 days, 01:19:05
6. Data rate: 854 / 4568
7. Maximum data rate: 18442 / 4568
8. Noise margin: 4.9 / 6.3
9. Line attenuation: 21.0 / 41.0
10. Signal attenuation: 21.0 / 39.8
11. Data sent/received: 62.2 MB / 2.1 GB
SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 93

Hiya @Robert88

I'm really sorry to hear that the speed is fluctuating after the engineer visit still and I can imagine the frustrations this will be causing. 

We're a little busier than usual lately and it's taking a little longer than usual to get back to you guys than I would like. 

The speed will continue to fluctuate while the connection is still dropping, having said that it does look like the it has settled from Sunday onwards in terms of drops. How has the speed been? 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team
Robert88
Grafter

Oh yeah the speed has somewhat settled, in that it won't drop down to ridiculously low speeds but it's still never at a consistent speed

All I really wanted to find out is if the line had been reset on your end to remove any possible banding that has popped up from the multiple resets from the line faults last week?

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 159

Has that fault somewhere up the line been fixed yet?  Until it is, speeds will be all over the place.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Hello @Robert88, thanks a lot for getting back in touch and I'm really glad to hear that things are now looking better in terms of line stability and speed. A visual radius on our end, which I'll pop below, also shows this. In all honesty, given the line length (2932 metres), the odd drop every now and again can be expected. 

The only thing that's concerning me a little at the minute, is the actual SNR of 8.0dB as opposed to the target SNR of 6dB However, speeds on the line are well above your estimates of between 1 - 3Mbps. 

The current connection profile is: WBC 160K - 24M Medium delay (INP 1) 9dB Downstream, UC Low delay (INP 0) 6dB Upstream (ADSL2+)

KBD
xDSL Status Check
Circuit ID: CBUK73846757 Service ID:  
Telephone NO.: NA Test Executed On: 24-06-2022 11:51:13
xDSL Status Test Summary
Sync Status: Circuit In Sync
General Information
NTE Status:   NTE Power Status: Unknown Bypass Status:  

Upstream DSL Link Information Downstream DSL Link Information
Loop Loss: 19.8 39.3
SNR Margin: 6.1 8.0
Errored Seconds: 0 0
HEC Errors: 0  
Cell Count: 219111 1908234
Speed: 1048 9212

Maximum Stable Rate (KBPS): 10208 Fault Threshold Rate (KBPS): 8166
Mean Time Between Retrains (Seconds): 86400 Mean Time Between Errors Upstream (Seconds): 86400
Indicative Line Quality: G Mean Time Between Errors Downstream (Seconds): 12343
Custom Thresholds
MTBR_RED: MTBE_RED:
MTBR_GREEN: MTBE_GREEN:

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 159

Those line stats are fairly good for the line length / attenuation. What’s the target SNRM for the circuit? If there is intermittent connectivity issues and no line noise - one needs to consider the presence of REIN. Investigation of that really needs effort from / start with the customer.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Robert88
Grafter

Ok quick update

It all seems to be mostly back to normal, sort of

Currently seems to be back in the old pattern of, Fine connection, 7Mbps No problem, after a week or so it will randomly drop to a ridiculously low speed (50Kbps), After a manual reset it goes back up to around 2-3Mbps and then a couple of days later during the middle of the night it resets itself and goes back up to 7Mbps, starting the whole loop again

No idea why it does that, its always done that so eh...

Either way it seems to be back to normal for now

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Hey Robert,

I'm really sorry that you keep having connection issues. I've tested your line and the tests are still showing a potential lead-in wiring issue, so I suspect that it's only a matter of time before things start playing up again. 

If it's okay with you, I'd like to arrange another Openreach engineer visit, so when would you be available? As you probably know, the engineers are available weekday timeslots (and occasionally Saturday's) of 8am to 1pm or 1pm to 6pm.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Robert88
Grafter

Any weekday is fine if you want to check for any further faults

But honestly it's probably fine, like I said it's always been like this, a day or two of 'slow' speed is fine if its 'fast' for the other 7. especially being in a rural area

Robert88
Grafter

I should add that's anytime during weekdays

Also forgot to ask, as I never actually got an answer

Was the line actually reset after the fault was fixed to remove any banding? as this current slow speed is exactly the same as the last time this happened back during Christmas and the fix was to simply reset the line.

Robert88
Grafter

Ok yeah something needs fixing with this internet

Been stuck at "1Mbps" since Tuesday and it just will not go any higher (As if something is stopping it...)

With it taking 10 minutes to sign in and post this message, videos capped at 240p and it taking multiple days to download anything above 3Gb, Something is definitely wrong

6. Data rate: 1040 / 1151
7. Maximum data rate: 20221 / 8480
8. Noise margin: 6.2 / 23.9
9. Line attenuation: 19.9 / 39.5
10. Signal attenuation: 19.9 / 36.9
11. Data sent/received: 6.8 MB / 96.9 MB
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 248

@Robert88 With that D/L SNR, I'm not surprised 'something is wrong', given that your 'data rates' are so low, and your max rates look back-to-front, as do your noise margin - unless I'm reading them totally wrong.

John
Robert88
Grafter

Yeah the router stats are identical to the router stats from last time I had this exact same problem, and the solution was to reset the line as it had been banded, this crops up every 6-12 months so it might need an engineer to check what causes it, but a line reset is the usual fix here for now

I know its the weekend so nothing will be done for now, that's fine

Just another quick update that the speed is now down to 500Kbps (The upload speed is unchanged at 1Mbps, and has been this entire time)

Also at this point could probably move this thread to the 'Broadband' section as it clearly had nothing to do with the home phone