Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Constant engaged tone for people phoning me

Ambergriff
Dabbler

Constant engaged tone for people phoning me

Hi,

Just resently fond out that people trying to phone my landline cannot get through as the line is always engaged. I am not an avid user of the phone and usualy communicate via text or online so it's a bit odd that people have tried to get in touch over important issues and they have had to resort to requesting me to phone them back via email as they cannot get through. The phone lives in it's cradle so is never out of power so I do not understand what is stopping them from getting through?

I do not know how many calls I have missed because I doubt that everyone who fails to get through would waste their time telling me.

Tags (1)
1 REPLY 1
LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Re: Constant engaged tone for people phoning me

Hi @Ambergriff, I am really sorry that you are having issues with your phone service.

I have tested the line but no faults have been detected. The next step would be to book an engineer visit, but would first recommend you go through some checks to rule out internal causes. Have a run through our troubleshooting here.

If the issue then persists, please reply to the ticket I have created here with some availability for an engineer to visit. If you let us know on here once you have added your reply on the ticket, we'll pick this up for you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team