cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Constant dial tone and echo on line

Gina

Constant dial tone and echo on line

I cannot dial out on my landline, the dial tone does not stop even after the number has been dialled. There is an echo on the line too. The PlusNet trouble shooting line tester does not work and gives me a number to ring instead - not much use to me! Can anyone tell me if there is a way to contact PlusNet without a phone? I have been round in circles on this website with no luck. Also do not want to ring on a mobile just to be left waiting in a queue for an hour (yes, this has happened to me before).

9 REPLIES 9
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Re: Constant dial tone and echo on line

Our tests aren't showing any issues with your line.

I can see you don't have 1571 on your line so that's not the cause either.

Can you try going through the troubleshooting here?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Gel
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 29

moansalot13
Rising Star
Fixes: 3

if you have internet access and Skype   - you can dial 0800 numbers in UK and in US  for free - no credit is required 🙂

I used it  while "your call is important to us"  played in the background  for 45 min waiting for the phone to be picked up by customer services. Saves Mobile charges etc

Gina

I have found that I can dial out if I remove the front of the main box and connect directly. Thank you for your help.

Gina

We are receiving incoming calls fine and only have the one phone so no problems there. It's very strange! 

Gina

Thank you for your reply, I didn't think of that. I will certainly be using Skype in the future. Two years ago I was told they were opening extra call centres, not sure what happened to that!

Gel
Aspiring Champion

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

@Gina wrote:

I have found that I can dial out if I remove the front of the main box and connect directly.

If the line is working as expected when using the test socket, it may be worth looking in to replacing the faceplate. Unfortunately if we were to send an engineer out to replace the faceplate of the socket, it would likely be a chargeable appointment.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
Gel
Aspiring Champion

You can buy new faceplates off a well known auction www.

Additionally could be the wiring from master socket to the extensions.