cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conned into a contract under false information?

jammyd

Conned into a contract under false information?

I needed a phone line and internet, house currently has neither as I switched them off 2.5 years ago. Called many companies but Plusnet seemed the most helpful and were able to help me with the simple request.

1. Landline with a new phone number to before
2. Internet access
All went very well......or so I thought....apparently now my line has been switched on on my OLD phone number which simply cannot happen and I cannot plug a phone in ever on this numbe, so I gently informed them they had made a mistacke and apparently it is now MY problem as the line is live to change the number and pay THEM £38!! I definately checked and double checked I would get a fresh number and there would be no extra fees Undecided  - I feel conned into signing up and can't even use the service I thought I had bought now.
Has anyone else had this problem with them? Any Advice?
4 REPLIES 4
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Re: Conned into a contract under false information?

This looks like a job for the Digital Care Team who I believe won't be around until Wednesday at the earliest.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
pierre_pierre
Grafter

And Jameseh has gone to Aus for the 5th test, so he cant help either
fourfourdevon
Grafter

This happens a lot now, at one time when you reconnected a property you got a new number, but BT stopped doing that a number of years ago, and when you reconnect a property the BT network (which is what Plusnet do) you are almost certain to get the old number.
I have a problem with this as well, and have been reconnected to the number the previous tenant had, one who unfortunately seems to have run off owing a lot of money to lot of people and given that I'm a man living at the same address with the same telephone number has left some collection agencies convinced that I'm lying when I say "He doesn't live here any more and I don't know him."
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi jammyd,
Please see your ticket for the latest update on your enquiry.
Jojo Smiley