cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confused

georgeh

Confused

Just ordered PN Extra yesterday, checked order status online and saw that problem with phone line. But just received txt saying that phone line due to be activated on 16th August with broadband following 5 days later. Can you help?
jim:orange all caps in title removed as per forum rules mod:end
5 REPLIES 5
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Confused

I am confused also  Embarrassed
Can you clarify.
Did you move to Plusnet using a MAC from your previous Broadband Supplier and if so who was it
Is this a new broadband connection but on an existing BT line
Did you order the phone and broadband package as a new install
georgeh

Sorry, i ordered new phone and broadband package together, had orange as supplier previously but cancelled outwith my contract so no tags on line or MAC needed. There is already a phone line in house with no current supplier.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

I am guessing but this may be the situation.
With a completely new connection there is a possibility of a simultaneous provide (broadband and phone at the same time) but this can break down for a number of reasons (you asked for a number transfer, the BT system rejected it for some reason, the automatic ordering system fouled up).
The current situation is that the line needs to be activated before broadband can be ordered and the broadband order typically takes 5 days after the line is activated.
Just to add - the problem was almost certainly with the automatic ordering system but the agent appears to have sorted it and probably placed a manual order.
georgeh

thanks for your help. Cheesy
BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Welcome to the forums Cheesy
We placed your order manually but didn't set the tracker properly. I've now queued it all properly and your broadband will be active in around 7 days.