cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confused

greyposter
Grafter

Re: Confused

I suppose when you changed over it will disappear ? Mine is March 11.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Dont worry, BT charge in advance, but when you have transferred they send you a rebate for the unused part of your old contract. Cheesy
nadger
Rising Star

My BT quarterly billing date was 16th Feb and has not been prepared - one assumes they are now waiting to create a final bill after I've left which should be Monday.
I've made a whole £1 of phone calls this quarter and will owe rental from Feb 1st - pay by quarterly DD so no refund due.
As half of our phone calls are evening calls, approaching 60 minutes long, the new BT charging would have had a dramatic effect on our bills.
Not applicable

Presumably the date BT give is simply the earliest date they are prepared to surrender the line to the gaining provider.
The gap in the dates is then presumably caused by whatever fits best with Openreach scheduling.
The process should work similarly to MAC migration of a broadband line, where theoretically as soon as the losing ISP issues the MAC, they are prepared to surrender the line to the gaining ISP - the fact that it takes several days is largely down to the scheduling constraints of the guys and gals at Openreach. (Of course with some time added on for both ISPs to complete the paperwork so to speak)
nadger
Rising Star

Just received email that phone transfer has completed - also have details of pro rata payment to cover me until my next broadband billing date  Smiley
greyposter
Grafter

I've got another 7 days and I'll be joining you.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Mine is tomorrow or the day after depending who you believe
nadger
Rising Star

Quote from: Oldjim
Mine is tomorrow or the day after depending who you believe

I got the feeling that BT release line one day and PlusNet pick it up on the next morning.
greyposter
Grafter

That suggests a gap.
nadger
Rising Star

Quote from: greyposter
That suggests a gap.

There must be a defined point at which time billing transfers but actual phone service isn't affected.
greyposter
Grafter

A few years ago I tranferred my line from BT to Cable. I could phone out but couldn't receive calls.Cable insisted it was all my fault, bad phones etc. In the end it was discovered that the line hadn't been 'portered' across from BT.
nadger
Rising Star

BT have now produced final bill - they've charged to 24th Feb with PlusNet charge commencing 25th Feb.
From BT site
Total now due £9.76
This amount will be debited from your bank or building society account on or after 12 March 2008.

I've calculated and bill is accurate - includes last quarters calls as well Smiley
greyposter
Grafter

Well thats good news.  Smiley
Word_Warrior
Grafter

I wouldn't worry, it'll just happen from my experience. Seemless in fact. Wink