cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conflicting information re annual line rental. Which is correct?

peter10
Grafter

Conflicting information re annual line rental. Which is correct?

Not sure where to post this so please move if necessary.

I was in touch with customer support today and was told this
Dear Mr,
Thank you for your query. At the moment there are no plans to change the price of Line Rental Saver but for obvious reasons this cannot be guaranteed.
You can check the new home phone call prices here: http://www.plus.net/residential/tariffs/homephone_28102012.html
Please do not hesitate to get back in touch online at http://contactus.plus.net or by phone on 0800 432 0200 or 0345 140 0200 if we can be of further assistance.
Kind regards,
However this link http://www.plus.net/info2/legal/terms_28102012.html#line_rental_saver gives this information to take effect from 28th October 2012
Line Rental Saver Service Terms
1. Line rental saver is available to new and existing Plusnet residential customers for a single advance payment of £125.88 (Inc VAT).
2. Line rental saver is non-refundable and must be taken with a Plusnet calling plan.
3. Line rental saver provide 12 months standard telephone line rental with no minimum contract term for a reduced equivalent monthly charge of £10.49
The terms above suggest that it is going up by £12 pa whilst customer support says at the moment there are no plans to change it.
I would be grateful if someone could tell me which is correct.
8 REPLIES 8
itsme
Grafter

Re: Conflicting information re annual line rental. Which is correct?

You have been given incorrect information.
Any BT increase in telephone prices will get pass onto virtual suppliers like PN and BT have/will increase the Line Rental. I was luckily that my BT Line Saver have just came up to be renewed so I got the next 12 months at the old rate and not the new.
Plusnet should honour the old price if you sign up for the Rental Saver before 28th October and you will not be charged the new price until renewal next year.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Someone isn't being kept informed.
The official stance as stated here is that there  have been no changes  to Line Rental Saver announced officially
However it appears that the web team have either jumped the gun or are better informed
My recommendation is that if you want to take up the LRS get in before the 28th October as the odds are it is going to increase.
Just to make it absolutely clear - I am not a member of staff and am not privy to any sub rosa information as to when or if it will increase
Having read the above post I am now going to check when mine runs out as I was one of the early subscribers - bugger it runs out in November  Angry
itsme
Grafter

Just to make it clear I'm still with BT and have their Line saver.
peter10
Grafter

Hi Oldjim
I'm in the same position as you as I signed up at the first chance last year. I would like to know as it is one of the factors in deciding whether I stay or change my provider.
Plusnet have been the only broadband supplier I have had and I moved my phone to them18 months ago. I have been happy with the service but I am disappointed with the way these price increases have been handled. I have not had any notification via email and only found out via these forums. I get emails regularly trying to sell me Plusnet protect so I am not opted out.
Oldjim
Resting Legend

Neither have I
The emails are being sent out in batches I believe the batches go out on consecutive Mondays so the next batch should be going out in a couple of days time
nadger
Rising Star

I agree that it's a good idea  for anyone who can to pay a year in advance now as we only paid £9.49/month last December.
I'd gladly pay another year upfront now, at that rate, to run from when existing payment finishes - methinks that won't, however, happen.
peter10
Grafter

I've now read elsewhere that someone was told over the phone that the annual line rental will go up to over £10 so I assume that the information given in the link is correct. I don't seem to be able to get a straight answer from anyone from plusnet.
What really disappoints me is that I have now lost my confidence in plusnet. Why was I given wrong information in the first place when my friend who sent the link to me had found it at least a day before my question was answered? I assume that CS were not informed as I have always found the CS people to be first rate.
The price rise was tempting me to shop around but my loss of trust is probably a bigger factor now.
Oldjim
Resting Legend