Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conference / Three-way calling

shermans
Pro
Fixes: 3

Conference / Three-way calling

Is there any special provision for having a three-way call between Plusnet users on Home Phone ?  In other words, all three numbers would be separate Plusnet subscribers.
8 REPLIES 8
James
Grafter

Re: Conference / Three-way calling

Hiya,
I'm afraid that's not something that we offer.
paulby
Grafter

I'm afraid that's not something that we offer.

According to this it is!!
I think it's pay per use though rather than a bundled option.  If it were between 3 PN subscribers I'd imagine that you'd only pay the set up fee (58.65p - in table if you scroll up linked page) with the on-going call part being inclusive up to 60 mins?
James
Grafter

Paul,
Sorry, you've misunderstood me.  We do offer conference calling, but there are no reductions in costs regardless of who the callers have as their telephony supplier.
paulby
Grafter

Ah, I see.  Thanks for the clarification. 
So it would be 58.65p PLUS call cost *at all times* (i.e. there would be no inclusive call element regardless of call package or phone provider).
James
Grafter

Ok.  So ignore everything I've already said as we had some internal communication problems (Mand lied to me).
The set up fee of the call would apply, the call charges will apply if not in an included period, but the call charges should be free if they're all Home Phone customers.
shermans
Pro
Fixes: 3

Roll_eyes
Sorry, this now sounds like an answer about MPs expenses !  It's all in the rules but it is not exactly clear what the rules are :
the call charges SHOULD be free if they're all Home Phone customers

So for clarity, can you just answer the following please ?
1.  Are the call charges ACTUALLY free if they are all Home Phone customers, except obviously for the set-up fee ?  There is a difference between "actual" and "should" !
2.  Does it matter how the calls are set-up - i.e. by which party ?  For instance, either the first party could call the second party who then calls and conferences in the third party, OR the first party could call the second party, the third party could call the second party who answers using RECALL and then conferences the third party in, OR the first party calls the other two parties and conferences them all in.  Which of these three scenarios, if any, would result in free call charges for all three parties, assuming they were all Plusnet Home Phone subscribers ?
3.  If they are within the rules, and I were an MP, could I nevertheless claim the free call charges on my second-home allowance as if I had been charged  ? Wink Wink
James
Grafter

Smiley
We think it should be free.  Basically, if it's just a case of calling a Plusnet number to enter into the conference call, it should be treated as a Plusnet to Plusnet call and thus there will be no set up charges.
I'll have to say, this is the first time we've seen such as request, so if you do incur charges outside of the setup fee of the conference call, let me know and I'll sort it out.
Mand
Grafter

Tut James, I didn't lie, you didn't specify initially that all three participants would be Plusnet Home Phone customers. Tongue
@shermans, the conference call pay per use fee and the call set up fee would apply, but you wouldn't pay for the actual call charge of calling the 01/02/03 number of your fellow PN subscribers.
As for claiming it on expenses I don't see why not, the truth of the matter seems to matter little in these things AIUI. Wink