Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Con Con Con

petecov44
Grafter

Con Con Con

Sorry but..
I rang my parents number to let them know I had got home okay and I only rang once (ONCE) so it was never answered.
You seriously telling me PN charge 23p if you call a number and let it ring once!?
26 REPLIES 26
HairyMcbiker
All Star
Fixes: 21

Re: Con Con Con

If it was to a mobile, then yes as mobile calls are charged even if unanswered.  Crazy
petecov44
Grafter

Was to a BT landline admittedly outside of my weekend hours. , my parents won't come across to PN and this is why. The billing is make it up as you go along.
I can't change to unlimited calls for another month (unlike BT where you order it and it done in 24 hours like call features) but if this is going to be the case every time I might as well get that so it's cheaper
Anotherone
Champion

Quote from: Hairy
If it was to a mobile, then yes as mobile calls are charged even if unanswered.  Crazy

Eh Shocked  where did you get that from?  That's a new one on me  Crazy
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

I've just pulled out the raw call record we received for this and it shows that the call connected for a period, this is rounded up to the nearest minute. It's worth noting that a call can connect if any device, answering service/machine on the line picks up the call.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Anotherone
Champion

So a call to a completely unanswered mobile will not incur any charge then, just to be clear?
HairyMcbiker
All Star

I always thought that call to mobiles were charged at the going rate even when not answered, something to do with the mobile companies charging not PN's. Maybe it has been changed over the years.
They may have had a device similar to my call blocker that drops any withheld numbers etc, that would explain the connection/drop.
petecov44
Grafter

Quote from: Chris
I've just pulled out the raw call record we received for this and it shows that the call connected for a period, this is rounded up to the nearest minute. It's worth noting that a call can connect if any device, answering service/machine on the line picks up the call.

Oh well, your call record can say what it likes. I know what happened and what was done as I was there when I did it.
Im glad your call record is so precious to you (and not at all faulty - as it used to be all those years ago) . It's just cost you a customer on top of all the other reasons.
BT don't do this - so I'll go with them
As for the mobile bit - another con con con - again BT don't do this.
If you didn't offer cheap ass Broadband then you wouldn't need to shaft in other areas.
petecov44
Grafter

and now no one knows it E & W is included or not in unlimited fibre,. + increased line rental thank god OFCOM controls you or we would be shafted for breathing
con con con
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 156

Pete,
For the record (and being ex-PlusNET I would have thought you knew this) it is the RECEIVING phone network which generates the call answered signal to BTOR who then register the billable call.  Those billing charges are then simply forwarded to PlusNET or which ever other virtual CP is using the BTOR network.
The CP (in this case PlusNET) has no role in determining if the call was or was not answered and therefore billable.  I would recommend that the issue be raised with your parent's phone provider.
What might be relevant here is has your parent's phone number been migrated between suppliers - e.g. Sky or Talk Talk?  There was a long thread in the phone forum in relation to this issue in respect of some mobiles.  The research that I did at the time suggested that call answered signal could be erroneously generated at other provider's VoIP network boundaries.  If I can find the post, I'll add a link.
You migrating away from PlusNET will not solve this problem, because the cause lay more with your parent's phone (or at least the call routing between BTOR and your parent's phone) than PlusNET.
Good luck,
Kevin

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

petecov44
Grafter

ex plusnet? yeah good one - omg con con con!
BRABUS
Grafter

No really he is, no-con,  no-con,  no-con  Roll_eyes
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Mod Note.
Personal attack and avoidance of swear filter removed.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
picbits
Rising Star

Quote from: Hairy

This is something that certain mobile operators seem to charge for while others don't.
There was quite a long thread on this a few months ago. It seems some mobile operators mark the call as "connected" even when it isn't and the originating number then gets charged for this.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 156

It is known as FAS - False Answer Supervision.
Old thread found - see here http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,127718.msg1113044.html#msg1113044 - it is a long thread enjoy!
I see that you made a contribution to the thread Pete (http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,127718.msg1114218.html#msg1114218).
Ben Trimble was investigating the matter before he left... wonder where he go to?

Kevin

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.