cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Compensation for no phone connection?

pimpernel
Grafter

Compensation for no phone connection?

I have had no phone connection since last Wednesday. Engineers are due to come tomorrow at 5pm.
Do I get any compensation for this as I'm paying for something I'm not getting?
Funny thing is that I can still get broadband....well, sort of!
This combination comes about when there is only a single wire connected, so I'm told.
I saw a BT engineer messing about in the box round the corner last wednesday shortly after the fault started.
The clumsy guy has presumably knocked a wire loose......AGAIN!!.......same thing happened a month ago
I AM NOT A HAPPY BUNNY!!!!!!!
40 REPLIES 40
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Compensation for no phone connection?

Hi there,
Once the fault's resolved we'll be happy to take a look for you and sort something out. Hope the engineer gets it resolved for you.
pimpernel
Grafter

The fault has this morning been corrected. It was apparently the result of a previous fault a month ago not being correctly fixed.
Details from the engineer will be of interest to other Plusnet customers.
Some years ago, in oreder to save money, BT replaced deteriorated copper wire connections with aluminium wire.
This, as we all know, is inferior to copper and rots.....which is precisely the current situation as several of my neighbours have had similar problems recently.
So, is there much point in installing fibre to the street box before these crappy aluminium wires are replaced?
The connections to our computers are only as good as the weakest link.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi there,
We're well aware that some areas do have aluminium cables, in many cases it results in users being unable to get broadband as the aluminium isn't good enough at conducting the signals unfortunately.
I've added a week's worth of line rental credit to your next month's bill as a gesture of goodwill, hope that helps and glad to hear the fault is sorted.
starkie1800
Grafter

i have had no phone or broadband for nearly a month i am not a happy bunny Cry
fault on the line
no broadband means no internet
no online gaming
i am going mad
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi starkie1800,
I see we are awaiting our suppliers to resource engineers to fix the network problem which you are affected by and the faults team have been keeping you up to date with any developments.
Jojo Smiley
starkie1800
Grafter

yes i know its not plusnets fault and yes they have kept me informed to the tune of 35 txt messages, but i carnt see why its takin soooooooo  long to fix
will have to wait for the outcome
starkie1800
Grafter

not heard anything for 2 days and the estimated repair time has pasted yet again  Angry
reading around the net reports dont look good when things go wrong at good old plusnet
maybe you have sum good news as it is now losing me money all over the place i have online subs that go out every month and dont know how long problem is going to last
not to mention awasted £35 amonth to you lot for no service
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

@starkie1800 We'll make sure you're credited for the duration of the fault along with a further gesture of good will.
The fault has taken a while to resolve so far due to the excavation work  and laying of cables needed. I'm going to chase this up with our suppliers now and will get back to you with an update ASAP.
Update: I've just put the phone down after speaking with our suppliers. At the moment there are blockages in the ducting where a new section of cable needs to be laid, that work is scheduled to be completed on Monday. Following that cable layers and jointers will finish the job, that can take another day or two to complete.
I'm sorry this is taking a while but everything is pointing towards this being sorted next week.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
starkie1800
Grafter

thanks for keeping me updated
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

I've just checked with our suppliers and work is still under way to clear the ducting blockages, we should have an update about the completion of this work tomorrow.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
starkie1800
Grafter

Any more news still no service and just had another bill 4 service i carnt get... just great
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hi  starkie1800,
I don't know if you saw but I updated your ticket yesterday. The ducting has been cleared and the cabling work has begun. An ETA of the 31st has been given for this being resolved.
just had another bill 4 service i carnt get... just great

Sorry but billing is automated and as such can't tell if there's an issue or not which is why we will credit you for any paid for down time after the fault has been fixed.
Thanks for your patience so far.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

When loss of service has gone past two billing dates couldn't you at least give a months credit pending resolution? (I don't think that applies to this case yet, but I've seen others where it would)
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

True, and I believe sometimes we do depending on the circumstances and merit of each case.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team