cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clearing our blocked caller list

bainhouse
Dabbler

Clearing our blocked caller list

1572 notified me that my blocked caller list is full.   How do I clear the list completely and start again.

5 REPLIES 5
BrightonRock
Pro
Fixes: 8

Re: Clearing our blocked caller list

I don't know of any direct way of doing this from your phone, other than taking numbers off one at a time which might be tedious.

But I remember reading a suggestion that switching off Call Protect from your account, leaving it a bit, and then switching it back on, gives a clean sheet. You would lose all settings not just the blocked-list.

bainhouse
Dabbler

Thank you Brightonrock for the feedback.  Guess I shall just have to plough my way through deleting some numbers off the list to free up space as not prepared to lose all my settings.

Many thanks again👍

Davexxx
Rising Star
Fixes: 3

Now that Plusnet's 1572 Call Protect service for my phone line has reached capacity, it is has become difficult to manage - the prime problem being the deletion of diverted/blocked numbers, one at a time.

It also removes the most recent diverted/blocked numbers first, when I would have thought that the oldest should be removed first (the oldest being more likely to be discarded by scammers ?).

Having reached capacity, it now looks like a materially flawed service.

Davexxx
Rising Star
Fixes: 3

If the 1572 diverted callers list is full:

Dial 1572 #4 Personal Options
          - #2 Make own list
          -   #4 Hear short list of 'least effective' list entries (usually an older number ?)
          -      Delete first number offered (#1)
Dial 1572 #1 Delete last incoming caller number

bainhouse
Dabbler

Thank you Dave

I have followed your very informative suggestion and deleted quite a few numbers off my list.  Its  just a shame that there isn't a "clear all" facility in order to start a new recent list.   I seem to be bombarded with unsolicited phone calls and as a result hardly answer my home phone now but use mobile instead.