Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Checking phone line

Mayfly
All Star
Fixes: 1

Checking phone line

What the best way to ask for my phone line to be checked? Is there a fault checker or a number to ring?
6 REPLIES 6
pwatson
Rising Star

Re: Checking phone line

Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

If it is a phone fault rather than a broadband fault https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=wizard&page=22965&wizard_id=38
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Hi Mayfly,
Oldjim's link is probably the best if you think there may be a fault on the line.
Alternatively, what seems to be the problem with your line? I can run a couple of checks from my side if you feel necessary.
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
Mayfly
All Star

Thanks Matty a few weeks ago I did a quiet test it sounded like I has sea shell to my ear. The line however was absolutely silent today when I tried it
This last week I've had dreadful lag and high pings and my speed has drop by a Meg not a lot in itself but at less than 5meg at best it does make a difference, so thought I would start with the easiest and work my way along.  They have been in stalling fibre cabinets the area and I know it has caused problems for a few.
DanHodby
Grafter

Hey Mayfly,
I've been running some checks on your line, there's no noticeable faults on there. Though, it might be an intermittent issue with phone line which is causing the high pings and latency.
Though, I can see there's a a few profile caps on the line which I have now cleared for you. If you reboot your router in about 15mins and let me know if that makes any difference.
Dan
Mayfly
All Star

Thanks Dan - sorry I was out today but have rebooted now and speed is back up to just below 5Mb will monitor it and see how we go.
This is what I love about this forum and the DCT offers of help without really asking.
Thank you.