cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Check on phone and broadband order placed on 22nd November

jyw104
Dabbler

Check on phone and broadband order placed on 22nd November

Hello - I need some advice regarding an order place on November 22nd for both phone and broadband service.
My line connection date was booked in for last Friday, but having received a call from Plusnet recently, this has been put back to the end of January! Obviously, quite a delay for a line connection in London!
I just wanted to get an idea as to who would have done the line activation/connection - would it have been BT Openreach?
In addition, I take it that I won't have a phone number assigned until the phone line is activated?
Thanks
5 REPLIES 5
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Check on phone and broadband order placed on 22nd November

Hi jyw104,
Yes to both your questions - it would indeed have been installed by BT Openreach, and you won't have a phone number until the line is activated.
Hope that helps,
jyw104
Dabbler

Thanks Matt - I take it that there's quite a backlog of pending line activations due to the poor weather?
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Unfortunately so, as per the service status post at http://status.plus.net - that's due an update today, I think there's less of a backlog on provisioning at the moment than there was but it's still running behind I'm afraid.
jammyd

Ha who knows what phone number you will get! For personal reasons when the phone order I have just placed gets switched on Plus net promised me a new number and for this there was no charge..now because they have activated the line and incorrectly chosen to use the number the line had 2 years ago apparently now I have to pay £38 to change the number!! Angry Why this has suddenly become my problem and my bill I don't know but they had better sort it soon - I have been 2.5 years without phone and braodband and if they don't play ball will revert to that, not being conned by shoddy service and false contracts.
Hope they sort your line out soon - JD
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi jammyd,
Your ticket has been updated with a resolution to your issue.
Jojo Smiley