cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charged for free calls?!!!

CuBz
Grafter

Charged for free calls?!!!

I refered my grandmother to plusnet, because she makes alot of calls to the republic of ireland, and I was told by Adam that calls to the republic of ireland are treated as national calls so would be free on the anytime plan.
My grandfather has phoned me to tell me that they have been charged for 2 calls they made to a republic of ireland landline.
Why is this?

The post Adam told me, is here-- > http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,91368.msg763529.html#msg763529

Thanks
P.S. For reference, my grandmothers username is bshannan
9 REPLIES 9
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Re: Charges for free calls

were they over 60 minutes?
CuBz
Grafter

I'm not sure, but I did tell them not to go over 60 minutes at a time
elkieluca
Grafter

Its 30 minutes to Ireland then hang up and redial if needed or you will get charged.
CuBz
Grafter

If that is the case, there was a call made that was a minute long, why was they still charged for it
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Re: Charged for free calls?!!!

reading from your link, it looks like it is international, and they changed the call charging in January, your link was from last December
CuBz
Grafter

But if you read the whole post, you will notice that it was about the January changes, and Adam told me that I didn't have to worry because Republic of Ireland is classed as national rates, if that was changed in January then I was falsely informed and have the right to cancel.
If it turns out that calls to Republic of Ireland are no longer free, then I shall be cancelling on the basis of being falsely informed, and my grandfather said he would also be cancelling as he joined on the basis of the information I have him, that Adam gave to me.
I have made a printout of the full forum post, including Adam mentioning the free calls to Ireland, which in no way suggested that they would also end in January.
You can clearly see in the image below, that Adam was advising me that I needn't worry about loosing 300 minutes because I can make free calls to Ireland anyway
(sorry about the poor underlining)
pierre_pierre
Grafter

from you link it looks like you post were cut from another threads as the answers dont read clear and are commenting on post which arnt there
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Quote from: CuBz
Quote from: _Adam_Walker_
CuBz,
Just to confirm, thisoldman is correct in what he's saying.
That's one of the reason's I'm dissapointed. Most of my family live in ireland, and I was going to start using the 300 minutes to keep in contact, but I guess I wont be able to

You may be glad to hear that we class calls to the republic of Ireland as national calls.

If that's the case, why is ireland listed as one of the top 20 international destinations?
Quote from: jelv
Because it's still an international call if calling from England, Scotland or Wales?
If the above is correct then Republic of Ireland is only national when calling from Northern Ireland and this document states that it is International http://www.plus.net/residential/tariffs/homephone.html
This document from BT is very clear on it http://www.productsandservices.bt.com/consumer/consumerProducts/pdf/UKInternationalprices.pdf
Tariff Guide for Residential Customers - International Calls - includes Iceland with this note
<snip>
Calls from Northern Ireland to the Republic of Ireland are charged at the Calling Plan UK rates. Calls from Northern Ireland to mobile telephones registered in the Republic of Ireland will be charged at the same rate as calls from the rest of the United Kingdom to mobile telephones registered in the Republic of Ireland.
fourfourdevon
Grafter

Isn't it that the charges changed December 2010?
From: http://www.plus.net/residential/tariffs/homephone.html
"Talk Anytime International 300 (called Talk Anytime before 17th December 2010)" under which Eire is listed.
So it seems to me Eire was included until 17th December 2010 after which you needed to purchase "Talk Anytime International 300"