cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charged for calls that should be included in my plan

JB1506

Charged for calls that should be included in my plan

Hi,  apologies if I am doing this in the wrong order, I am a newby.

I joined Plusnet as the prices were competitive and the customer service reputation good.  I have broadband, landline and mobile packages. 

All good, until I began using the landline more, occasionally before the 7pm change of call costs. 

This was highlighted in an email.  I duly made a call, and spoke to someone working from home, neither he nor I were able to access the bills to see what exact charges were and for what calls. 

Nonetheless, I agreed to a new call plan at £9 pm to include landline and mobile calls anytime.  Now I can see the bills online I note I am charged for calls that should have been free as they were between 7pm and 7am, and were less than 60minutes, which was the call plan at the time?  Many of the calls are around £8 per call, one over £11!! 

I understand that going over 60mins (whether in error or not) incurs a fee, but surely calls after 7pm at night, less than 60mins long are included in the plan I had then?  This seems wholly unfair and totally incorrect.  Can anyone shed any light please?  Or can admin come back to me with an explanation and refund?  My bills have gone from around £30pm to £133, just at a time when when I am being super careful about expenditure and when we all need to hang on to our dosh!

Please help, someone?

3 REPLIES 3
jgb
Champion
Fixes: 22

Re: Charged for calls that should be included in my plan

@JB1506 

When did you take out the new call plan? Usually any new or changed call plans become effective from the next billing date after they have been taken out.

Once active, the call plan should appear on your bill which are, of course, for the coming month., i.e billed in advance.

JB1506

Hi,

The new call plan - for anytime calls to landline is effective from 22 April.  My issue is that I have been charged for calls prior to that that were included in the previous call plan, which was for free calls to landline & mobiles between 7pm and 7am, as I have been charged for calls made after that time, at 8pm or later..

Thanks,

JB

JB1506

PS, thank you Seasoned Pro 😊👍🏻