cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charged for calls I never made

Yorkshire75

Charged for calls I never made

We have been a Plusnet customer for a number of years now, and over the duration of using Plusnet, we have not had many issues or faults to deal with.
But this month took us by surprise, as our usual direct debit amount was more than double our normal amount.
On reviewing our Plusnet invoice, we were shocked to see a long list of calls made over the period of the month, and all charged at 50p. Now the reason I say shocked is because, since joining Plusnet we have never used the landline facility, and do not even own a home telephone or the equipment for us to even plug in to use the service.
So we were sat stumped "How can we get multiple charges for calls supposedly made from our home if we don't have access the equipment to do so"
I work from home, and have only ever used the broadband service for my work emails etc. I'm fortunate that my employer provides me with a mobile phone which is paid for by them, and also me and my partner also have our personal mobile phones, so we have never seen the need for the landline.
On checking and dialling the numbers itemised on the bill with our mobiles, we found that none of them exist, and do not connect!
But the most random of all is the numerous calls to the 123 which is the talking clock (who even uses the talking clock anymore, Alexa does a better job for free lol)
We could of done without the additional expenses on the run up to Christmas, as money is tight anytime of the year anyway.
2 REPLIES 2
Dan_the_Van
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 83

Re: Charged for calls I never made

Welcome to the forum.

This issue raises it head from time to time, take a look at this thread

https://community.plus.net/t5/Home-Phone/Charged-for-a-call-I-didn-t-make/m-p/1940874#M38158 

It could be a line fault causing the issue, report an issue to your landline provider

Look at post #6

HTH

willcutforth
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 99

Re: Charged for calls I never made

@Yorkshire75 I have popped you over a DM to get this looked into. I promise I won't announce the time to you at all.

"The time is 09:35"

It happened again!

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Will Cutforth
 Plusnet Help Team